Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom study stops working after certain amount of historical data

Hi

I have developed a few custom EFS indicators and have noticed that they only work for a certain amount of historical data. For example, I have a study which colors bars. When I use it on forex 4hr data, it will work for about 1 year of historical data and then stop coloring the bars. If I change the time frame to daily, it will work for a longer period, but again, stop after a few years (even though I have a lot more historical data available.)

Has anyone experienced this or know the reason why it happens?

Thanks
    Bernhard

Bernhard
    You provide no details or even a brief sample code that would illustrate the issue (as suggested instead in the guidelines for this forum) so anything is a guess.
    Anyhow if you are using external intervals in your code then you may want to see this thread on a similar topic
    Alex

Originally posted by bliedtke View Post
    Hi

I have developed a few custom EFS indicators and have noticed that they only work for a certain amount of historical data. For example, I have a study which colors bars. When I use it on forex 4hr data, it will work for about 1 year of historical data and then stop coloring the bars. If I change the time frame to daily, it will work for a longer period, but again, stop after a few years (even though I have a lot more historical data available.)

Has anyone experienced this or know the reason why it happens?

Thanks
    Bernhard

Comment

Alex
      Thanks for your response - the thread you suggested solved the issue.

Comment

Bernhard
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by bliedtke View Post
        Alex
        Thanks for your response - the thread you suggested solved the issue.

Comment

Working...
        X