Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esignal V12 logging me off the data manager

Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to esignal V12 and I did a fresh install with Windows 8.1. I have noticed that occasionally, the data manager will disconnect and state 'invalid user name or password', which requires me to close down the program and reboot my system to get esignal operating again. Can you tell me if esignal 12 has been set up to log the user off after a set period? If so when does it do this? I run esignal 24/7 as I'm trying to see if it is stable enough to begin automated trading. Ideally I would like to run it for 2 weeks at a time without interruption but I seem to be having this issue which is throwing a spanner in the works. I never had this issue with 11X.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

thanks in advance,

Runningbear

Hi,

No, there is no set log off feature to the program. As long as you have an internet connection, you should stay connected. If you are getting 'invalid user name or password' message without changing your usename or password, that is an indication the Data Manager is not connecting to our servers.

Do you have a wireless internet connection?

Sincerely,

Eric L

Comment

Originally posted by Runningbear View Post
      Hi guys,

I recently upgraded to esignal V12 and I did a fresh install with Windows 8.1. I have noticed that occasionally, the data manager will disconnect and state 'invalid user name or password', which requires me to close down the program and reboot my system to get esignal operating again. Can you tell me if esignal 12 has been set up to log the user off after a set period? If so when does it do this? I run esignal 24/7 as I'm trying to see if it is stable enough to begin automated trading. Ideally I would like to run it for 2 weeks at a time without interruption but I seem to be having this issue which is throwing a spanner in the works. I never had this issue with 11X.

Any ideas what could be causing it?

thanks in advance,

Runningbear
      This turned out to be an authentication issue with my ISP.'

thanks,

Runningbear

Comment

Working...
      X