purpose of the status button "ems"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purpose of the status button "ems"

Background: I have been successfully participating in the open beta for signal efs auto trading. I have successfully used "Trade.setLiveTrading(true). And, I have successful been able to following my brokers processing of efs trades within the efs study. My question today is about the "efs" button on the status line (date-time, resources, cme, efs, broker connection, data feed status).

Questions:

1. What is the purpose of this "efs status" button?
    2. Do I need to click "enable - EFS Auto Trading"?
    3. Why would I click the "efs" button if in the efs study I have called "Trade.setLiveTrading(true)" ?

I have been able to retrieve the status of the connection from within the efs status. And, I have been able to read the account. What is this "efs Auto Trading Status" button for?

Cheers, Eugene
    Last edited by eparks; 10-26-2014, 05:15 PM. Reason: delete this post, title should say "efs" not "ems"

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for the post and for your participate on the eSignal EFS Automated Trading. Please see the answers to your questions below.

The main purpose is to enable or disable the Automated Trading.
    You would enable the EFS Automated when your ready to do EFS Trading. The reason we require this is so that if a condition is meet while your charts are loading you do not want a bunch of trades being execute back to your broker.
    3. Why would I click the "efs" button if in the efs study I have called "Trade.setLiveTrading(true)"
    This function is only for Live Trading verses eSignal demo Trading.

Originally posted by eparks View Post
    Background: I have been successfully participating in the open beta for signal efs auto trading. I have successfully used "Trade.setLiveTrading(true). And, I have successful been able to following my brokers processing of efs trades within the efs study. My question today is about the "efs" button on the status line (date-time, resources, cme, efs, broker connection, data feed status).

Questions:

3. Why would I click the "efs" button if in the efs study I have called "Trade.setLiveTrading(true)" ?

I have been able to retrieve the status of the connection from within the efs status. And, I have been able to read the account. What is this "efs Auto Trading Status" button for?

Cheers, Eugene

Comment

Hi back. Thanks for such a prompt reply.

By the time I call "Trade.setLiveTrading(true)" my efs and chart is fully loaded.

Is this function now ignored and replaced by the "efs" button?

Cheers, Eugene

Comment

Hi Eugene,
        If I'm not mistaken, the EFS button and the "Trade.setLiveTrading" have two separate purposes. The EFS button merely allows trades from that particular chart to pass to your broker while the "Trade.setLiveTrading" function will send the trade to your production account rather than your paper/demo account at your broker.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X