Candlesticks overlapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candlesticks overlapping

I recently had an email exchange with tech support regarding a memory problem. I was told to upgrade to V12 of Esignal but answered that I have not done this on a permanent basis because of a chart/scaling problem with the latest Esignal builds.
    The problem is the following: basically when one varies the X axis on a chart, when zooming out or increasing the number of bars, candlesticks overlap and the chart becomes muddy (see chart below). In previous versions dating back over one year ago (I'm currently using build 11.6.3167), the spacing between the candlesticks remained consistent when varying the X axis, as the width of the candles would automatically change and adapt to the scaling. This is NOT the case in the latest builds. I am aware that this can be corrected on a specific chart by adjusting bar width, but as soon as you modify the X axis the overlap problem reappears. In another email exchange with tech support, I was told that the 'overlap' problem had been corrected, but this evidently is not the case. Why do you not correct this issue, or indeed why do you keep the charts as they are as I fail to understand why anyone would prefer an overlapping/muddy chart ? Thanks for your answer.
    Attached Files

Hi PHD,

The change was made to increase the functionality of the bar width feature because of complaints that bars could not be made "fat" enough.

Sincerely,

Eric L.

Comment

Fine, users want fatter bars. But can't this be achieved while still maintaining equal and consistent spacing between the candlesticks ? Furthermore, you guys really need to update server memory or whatever is causing slow uploads, latency issues, charts which stop working, etc..
      Last edited by PHD; 11-06-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Eric L,
        Still waiting on a reply to the question above..
        Does Esignal still offer technical support ?

Comment

Phd,

To request the the behavior you are asking for, please use the Request a Feature under Support on the main menu bar. The request will go directly to the Program Manager and programmers to evaluate.

Yes, we are working on memory, chart loading, issues, etc.

Eric
          Last edited by eSignal_EricL; 11-16-2014, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X