eSignal not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal not working

I am running eSignal 8 on my tablet. I don't use a newer version because newer versions seem to take more resources and thus not responsive on my little tablet.

It has been running smoothly for a long time but my page failed to load up today. After several failure I uninstalled, used uninstaller to remove left-behind files and then had a clean installation again. But I still got below error messages the first time I ran the program again.

"C:\Program Files\eSignal\Downloads\Pagefile_09a0.quo contains an invalid path"
    "C:\Program Files\eSignal\Downloads\Pagefile_2c51.ach contains an invalid path"
    "C:\Program Files\eSignal\Downloads\Pagefile_281b.htm contains an invalid path"
    "C:\Program Files\eSignal\Downloads\Pagefile_4cd6.ess contains an invalid path"

I tried to load the other pages (which are provided by eSignal directly instead of my own pages) but still get similar error messages.

Please help.

Hi Richard Yu,

I have requested that one of our Asia Pacific support team members contact you today to fix it.

Sincerely,

Eric

Comment

I received an email but the advice is that I should install eSignal 10. What I need is to run eSignal 8 on my tablet. eSignal 10 can't be run smoothly on my tablet.

I have the eSignal 8 installer. I tried to install it on another computer and it works.

Comment

When I quit the program, I got below messages too.
        "Access to C:\Program Files\eSignal\shortcuts.xml was denied."
        "Access to C:\Program Files\eSignal\alertList.xml was denied."
        "Access to C:\Program Files\eSignal\servers.xml was denied."

So it seems to be due to Windows 8 not letting eSignal save any files/settings (due to administrative right not high enough?). This results in eSignal not able to save crucial data (in the "Download" folder) upon launch and also save shortcut/alertList/servers info too upon exit.

I am the Administrator. And UACS is turned off. So I don't know why I still have this issue. But it seems that this is a common issue for Windows 8 even for administrator account:
        http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2014/01...ws/#.VJOZ5AMBk

Comment

I have found the way to fix it:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DDN8vkKUQA

Comment

Hi,

Great! Thank you for letting us know.

Eric
            Last edited by eSignal_EricL; 01-31-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X