Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question regarding programming watchlist

I am a newbie to eSignal.

1. I would like to write a EFS code that refreshes the symbols in a Watchlist once per day by reading an external txt file. For example, suppose my watchlist currently contains two futures tickers - "ES H5" and "QTY H5". At some point, these futures will rollover, and I would like the Watchlist to reflect "ES M5" and "QTY M5". Suppose I have an external code that generates a file containing the list of symbols. Can anyone suggest links or sample codes or references on how can I write a code that reads a text file and refreshes a watchlist based on symbols in that text file?

2. I would like to write a EFS code that automatically outputs the latest prices for the symbols from a Watchlist once per day (say 3pm EST). Can anyone suggest links or sample codes or references on how can I write a code to do this?

----

Alternatively, would anyone know of any Python toolbox through which can pull out data from eSignal?

bb123
    EFS does not have the capability of changing symbols in a Watch List (or any other window for that matter).
    That said you can have a Watch List dynamically update its symbols based on an external txt or csv file. To do this click the Symbol List gear and select Open List from the menu. This will open the Open List dialog where you can select which file to use to populate the Watch List and also set the option to update the Watch List dynamically as the master file changes
    Alex

Originally posted by bb123 View Post
    I am a newbie to eSignal.

1. I would like to write a EFS code that refreshes the symbols in a Watchlist once per day by reading an external txt file. For example, suppose my watchlist currently contains two futures tickers - "ES H5" and "QTY H5". At some point, these futures will rollover, and I would like the Watchlist to reflect "ES M5" and "QTY M5". Suppose I have an external code that generates a file containing the list of symbols. Can anyone suggest links or sample codes or references on how can I write a code that reads a text file and refreshes a watchlist based on symbols in that text file?

2. I would like to write a EFS code that automatically outputs the latest prices for the symbols from a Watchlist once per day (say 3pm EST). Can anyone suggest links or sample codes or references on how can I write a code to do this?

----

Alternatively, would anyone know of any Python toolbox through which can pull out data from eSignal?

Comment

Working...
    X