Email Alerts not Working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Alerts not Working?

I'm having some concern with regards to the email notification alert when a certain condition is met. I actually grab some sample from eSignal's tutorial and just added the Alert.email function and somehow i'm not getting any email when the condition are triggered. I already configured the necessary information in the Application SEttings > Email and passed the test when I got an email automatically. But when I run the EFS I get no email and playsound does not also work. I've attached my EFS and I might be doing it wrong so please do correct me.

Code:
    var rsi = new RSIStudy(14);

function preMain() {
    setStudyMin(0);
    setStudyMax(100);
    setStudyTitle("RSI Study");

setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.black);
    setDefaultBarThickness(1);
    setDefaultBarStyle(PS_DOT);

setColorPriceBars(true);
    setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.black);
    }

function main() {
    var v = rsi.getValue(RSIStudy.RSI);
    if(v == null)
    return;

if(v > 70) {
    setPriceBarColor(Color.red);
        Alert.email("Testing", "for test");
        Alert.addToList(getSymbol(), "Test symbol", Color.red, Color.green);
        Alert.playSound("C:\\Users\\eLSoLe\\Documents\\Interactive Data\\Sounds\\warning.wav");
    } else if(v < 30) {
    setPriceBarColor(Color.green);
        Alert.playSound("C:\\Users\\eLSoLe\\Documents\\Interactive Data\\Sounds\\warning.wav");
    }
    return v;
    }
    Thanks and regards,

TASJL
    Attached Files

TASJL
    For what it's worth all the alerts (email, sound and popup) are working and for that matter are executing on every tick when the conditions are true
    Alex

Originally posted by TASJL View Post
    I'm having some concern with regards to the email notification alert when a certain condition is met. I actually grab some sample from eSignal's tutorial and just added the Alert.email function and somehow i'm not getting any email when the condition are triggered. I already configured the necessary information in the Application SEttings > Email and passed the test when I got an email automatically. But when I run the EFS I get no email and playsound does not also work. I've attached my EFS and I might be doing it wrong so please do correct me.

Code:
    var rsi = new RSIStudy(14);

function preMain() {
    setStudyMin(0);
    setStudyMax(100);
    setStudyTitle("RSI Study");

setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.black);
    setDefaultBarThickness(1);
    setDefaultBarStyle(PS_DOT);

setColorPriceBars(true);
    setDefaultPriceBarColor(Color.black);
    }

function main() {
    var v = rsi.getValue(RSIStudy.RSI);
    if(v == null)
    return;

if(v > 70) {
    setPriceBarColor(Color.red);
    } else if(v < 30) {
    setPriceBarColor(Color.green);
    }
    return v;
    }
    Thanks and regards,

TASJL

Comment

Originally posted by ACM View Post
      TASJL
      For what it's worth all the alerts (email, sound and popup) are working and for that matter are executing on every tick when the conditions are true
      Alex
      So you mean it only works when this is running on an open market since it's executing on every tick?

Comment

TASJL
        That is not what I said. I said that the alerts are all working and for that matter are executing on every tick which implied that you may want to curb the execution of the alerts.
        FYI alerts are triggered only on the most recent bar
        Alex

So you mean it only works when this is running on an open market since it's executing on every tick?

Comment

Originally posted by ACM View Post
          TASJL
          That is not what I said. I said that the alerts are all working and for that matter are executing on every tick which implied that you may want to curb the execution of the alerts.
          FYI alerts are triggered only on the most recent bar
          Alex
          Oh I see. I misunderstood what you said. I'm gonna change my codes and we'll see how it goes. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

TASJL
            You are welcome
            Alex

Oh I see. I misunderstood what you said. I'm gonna change my codes and we'll see how it goes. Thanks for clearing that up.

Comment

Working...
            X