Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on Price scale on right side of chart and what can be visible....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Price scale on right side of chart and what can be visible....

I have two questions.

1) Is there any way of removing the price data from: moving averages, any study applied to the chart, that is displayed on the right side of my chart? I really don't want my price axis cluttered with prices from all the studies I've added to my charts or from the moving averages I've added.
    I'm coming from version 10.6 and removing this data was a feature in that version. I hope it is in this version also but I can't find out how to remove it.

2) In the Data window displayed in the upper left of the chart, I'd like to get the: Open, High, Low, and Close price listed in that Data Window so when my cursor is hovered over a particular price bar, I can see, from a glance, what the Open price was, what the High price of that bar was, what the Low price was, and what it closed at.

According to the knowledge base article 4691, Chart Window Basics, it shows that this option is available. If you scroll down to where the info on "Data Window" starts, and then scroll down to the 2nd picture where all the different colored lines are that point to different areas of the Data Window, you'll see a Data Window with "Dell, M" in the title and you can see the "Open, High, Low, Close" listed there.

And if you scroll down to the next picture that has in the Title Bar: Edit Chart, the 2 sentences above that picture are: To change the color of the Open, High, Low, and Close text in the Data Window, right-click in chart and select Edit Chart. Highlight the chart symbol and left-click on the color control button next to Text in Data Window and select the desired color from the color palette.

This option for the Data Window was also available in version 10.6, I hope I haven't lost that in version 12!

Can I get some help/suggestions in regards to the questions I've asked here?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Steve
    1) Yes it is possible. Right click the price scale and uncheck the studies from the context menu. That will remove their labels from the price scale.
    2) Just follow the explanation in that Kb article and you can do all that you are trying to accomplish (as an example see the screenshot enclosed below)
    Alex

Originally posted by blackink View Post
    I have two questions.

1) Is there any way of removing the price data from: moving averages, any study applied to the chart, that is displayed on the right side of my chart? I really don't want my price axis cluttered with prices from all the studies I've added to my charts or from the moving averages I've added.
    I'm coming from version 10.6 and removing this data was a feature in that version. I hope it is in this version also but I can't find out how to remove it.

2) In the Data window displayed in the upper left of the chart, I'd like to get the: Open, High, Low, and Close price listed in that Data Window so when my cursor is hovered over a particular price bar, I can see, from a glance, what the Open price was, what the High price of that bar was, what the Low price was, and what it closed at.

According to the knowledge base article 4691, Chart Window Basics, it shows that this option is available. If you scroll down to where the info on "Data Window" starts, and then scroll down to the 2nd picture where all the different colored lines are that point to different areas of the Data Window, you'll see a Data Window with "Dell, M" in the title and you can see the "Open, High, Low, Close" listed there.

And if you scroll down to the next picture that has in the Title Bar: Edit Chart, the 2 sentences above that picture are: To change the color of the Open, High, Low, and Close text in the Data Window, right-click in chart and select Edit Chart. Highlight the chart symbol and left-click on the color control button next to Text in Data Window and select the desired color from the color palette.

This option for the Data Window was also available in version 10.6, I hope I haven't lost that in version 12!

Can I get some help/suggestions in regards to the questions I've asked here?
    Thanks,
    Steve

Comment

Thank you ACM. For one, I did right click on the price scale but when I saw the study as one of the selections, I thought it would completely remove the study from the chart, not just the price for it on the price scale!!!

As for the Open, high, low, close fiasco I created for myself.......It took me quite awhile to find what I was doing wrong. I didn't realize that by un-checking the Title of the chart in the Data Window, as in $INDU D, I was then removing what I was actually looking for!!!!

I'm not sure if it's the old scruff in me that's made me set in my ways or what, but I don't remember struggling this much when I set up the 10.6 version.

Thanks again for the tips and the help....much appreciated.

Steve

Comment

Steve
        You are welcome

I did right click on the price scale but when I saw the study as one of the selections, I thought it would completely remove the study from the chart, not just the price for it on the price scale!!!

As for the Open, high, low, close fiasco I created for myself.......It took me quite awhile to find what I was doing wrong. I didn't realize that by un-checking the Title of the chart in the Data Window, as in $INDU D, I was then removing what I was actually looking for!!!!
        FWIW both behaviors are the same as in 10.6
        Alex

Originally posted by blackink View Post
        Thank you ACM. For one, I did right click on the price scale but when I saw the study as one of the selections, I thought it would completely remove the study from the chart, not just the price for it on the price scale!!!

I'm not sure if it's the old scruff in me that's made me set in my ways or what, but I don't remember struggling this much when I set up the 10.6 version.

Thanks again for the tips and the help....much appreciated.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X