Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I get my Detrended Oscillator alert to function correctly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I get my Detrended Oscillator alert to function correctly?

ISSUE

I have set up a DiNapoli Detrended Oscillator to alert when it crosses the 0.00 line. However, although I have an auditory alert
    Code:
     Alert.playSound ("ding.wav")
    set up and working properly, I cant seem to find any material on the forums or in the tutorials about having the alert register with the alert ticker alone and visual notifications. The only alert that comes close what I have in mind is
    Code:
    Alert.addToList (...);
    but missing a few key elements.

QUESTION 1

Is there a way for the Alert to show on the alert ticker only? I'm trying to match the same functionality as the alerts on the standard indicators but with the Alert.addToList line I get the unwanted addition of a window pop-up.

QUESTION 2

Is the also a way to program in the animated circle like on a GET oscillator? Having a visual indication on the chart would be a massive help.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.
    Last edited by VideCorEsig; 05-20-2015, 06:13 PM.

VideCorEsig

Is there a way for the Alert to show on the alert ticker only? I'm trying to match the same functionality as the alerts on the standard indicators but with the Alert.addToList line I get the unwanted addition of a window pop-up.
    Use the Alert.addToList() function and simply disable the pop-up alert

Is the also a way to program in the animated circle like on a GET oscillator? Having a visual indication on the chart would be a massive help.
    EFS does not have such functionality. You could use other ways to highlight the condition either by coloring the bar or its background or by drawing on the chart. Search the forums as this topic has been covered at length before and you will find plenty of examples of either solution
    Alex

Originally posted by VideCorEsig View Post
    ISSUE

I have set up a DiNapoli Detrended Oscillator to alert when it crosses the 0.00 line. However, although I have an auditory alert
    Code:
     Alert.playSound ("ding.wav")
    set up and working properly, I cant seem to find any material on the forums or in the tutorials about having the alert register with the alert ticker alone and visual notifications. The only alert that comes close what I have in mind is
    Code:
    Alert.addToList (...);
    but missing a few key elements.

QUESTION 1

QUESTION 2

Any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
    X