Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving average overlayed on Advance/Decline line

Hello everyone,

I recently got the efs for the advance/decline line to measure market breadth.

I tried to overlay a 200 day EMA over the A/D line but wasn't successful. I have approached esignal and they confirmed that the efs formular for the A/D line doesn't have the moving average algorithm programmed into it. As a result, it is impossible unless the algorithm is modified.

i have been advised to approach this forum to get a resolution.

I will be glad if anyone can help.

I have attached the efs file.

Thanks

abbeytole
    Attached Files

abbeytole
    See this thread (and all the linked threads contained therein)
    Also search the forums and you will find many more examples as the topic has been covered at length before
    Alex

Originally posted by abbeytole View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently got the efs for the advance/decline line to measure market breadth.

I tried to overlay a 200 day EMA over the A/D line but wasn't successful. I have approached esignal and they confirmed that the efs formular for the A/D line doesn't have the moving average algorithm programmed into it. As a result, it is impossible unless the algorithm is modified.

i have been advised to approach this forum to get a resolution.

I will be glad if anyone can help.

I have attached the efs file.

Thanks

abbeytole

Comment

Moving Average overlaid on Advance/decline Line

Hi ACM,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am not code savvy and will prefer your other approach of " getting the same results without writing a single line of code by first creating a composite symbol of the ratio between the two symbols and then applying a built-in moving average of that ratio"

This was your response to Malaguti on 03-04-2014 regarding the same problem

If you can guide me on how to do this without writing codes, I would be grateful

Thanks for your help

Abbeytole.

Originally posted by ACM View Post
      abbeytole
      See this thread (and all the linked threads contained therein)
      Also search the forums and you will find many more examples as the topic has been covered at length before
      Alex

Comment

Abbeytole
        See this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase on how to create spreads, ratios, continuous contracts and other composite symbols.
        That said what I suggested to malaguti in that thread is not applicable to you. In his case he was simply trying to create an average on the relative strength between two symbols (in other words a ratio).
        The formula you posted is instead different in the sense that it compounds the value of the $ADD symbol (or $ADDQ symbiol if selecting NASDAQ) so it is not possible to do this without writing/modifying the formula
        In the image enclosed below I illustrate how you would need to modify the formula to accomplish what you want. I have included a comment at the end of each line of code that needs to be modified or added

If you are unfamiliar with programming in EFS I would suggest that you take some time to learn a bit more about it.
        To this effect I would suggest that you review the JavaScript for EFS videos and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS. Also serach the forums as they are an invaluable resource in as much as many of the things you are trying to do have been discussed before (and in many cases at length)
        Alex

Originally posted by abbeytole View Post
        Hi ACM,

Thanks a lot for your response. I am not code savvy and will prefer your other approach of " getting the same results without writing a single line of code by first creating a composite symbol of the ratio between the two symbols and then applying a built-in moving average of that ratio"

This was your response to Malaguti on 03-04-2014 regarding the same problem

If you can guide me on how to do this without writing codes, I would be grateful

Thanks for your help

Abbeytole.

Comment

Working...
        X