Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draw a Line the First Time

Hi,
    I created a study using the eSignal 10.6 efs Formula Wizard, that draws a Vertical Line the First Time my criteria are met.

I want to use this same function in a normal (non formula Wizard) efs study. Can someone clarify the efs coding that accomplishes this.

efs coding taken from the Formula Wizard:

if (vLastAlert != 1) drawLineRelative(-1, 0, -1, 999999, PS_SOLID, 2, Color.RGB(50,205,50), "UT");

Thanks,
    Paul

Paul
    That line checks for the value of a variable called vLastAlert (which needs to be global ie declared outside of the main function and initially set to for example 0) to be not equal to 1 and if the condition is true it draws a line at the prior bar relative to the one being currently processed. For an explanation of the various parameters of the drawLineRelative function see the related article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    If you are looking for examples on how to do this search the EFS forums as this topic has been covered at length before
    Alex

Originally posted by TURLIES View Post
    Hi,
    I created a study using the eSignal 10.6 efs Formula Wizard, that draws a Vertical Line the First Time my criteria are met.

I want to use this same function in a normal (non formula Wizard) efs study. Can someone clarify the efs coding that accomplishes this.

efs coding taken from the Formula Wizard:

if (vLastAlert != 1) drawLineRelative(-1, 0, -1, 999999, PS_SOLID, 2, Color.RGB(50,205,50), "UT");

Thanks,
    Paul

Comment

That's great. Thanks Alex.

Comment

Paul
        You are welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by TURLIES View Post
        That's great. Thanks Alex.

Comment

Working...