Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can These Platform Crashing and Connection Issues be Permanently Solved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can These Platform Crashing and Connection Issues be Permanently Solved?

I’ve been an eSignal user for more than a year now and I have always had a series of connection and crashing issues. I’m desperately interested to see if anyone has had these issues and how they solved them.

One of the more annoying (and at times potentially fatal) connection issues I have is momentary blackouts. When this happens, all charts go blank for up to a minute. Eventually the charts load back, but the experience is a bit terrifying… especially if you are in the middle of a trade. Seriously, I have my hands full making sure my trading system is working correctly, let alone managing whether or not the actual platform is working correctly. I would really like to know if anyone experienced these black-outs and have they found any reasonable solutions?

The other more annoying connection issue I have is the actual connection of TWS with eSignal. In the time I have been with esginal, I have used 3 new PC’s. Each time I go through the installation process I have had a literal Odyssean journey spanning sometimes weeks attempting to get the system actually connected and working properly (I’m going into week 2 of my current connection saga). I use an x64 system (which seriously now eSignal… is an x64 system such an oddity that I actually have to alter various files to make it all semi-work), so I’ve done the routine modifications I’m pointed to. And yet… I’ve never had a single installation go smoothly. Has anyone else had this problem and again, if so, what sort of permanent solutions have you found?

I guess you have your answer VideCoeEsig. eSignal support is non-existent and as you can see from the forums, there is not much activity lately and most of the stuff was from 5-10 years back. I've had a number of issue with eSignal including the ones that you are describing and more like - charts lagging by as much as 30 seconds, charts loading time (starting...., pending..., calculating..., etc.) for up to 15 minutes in the morning, Momey Management Planner messing up on partial fills, the list goes on and on....

The only reason I'm still on eSignal is that I have developed a few EFS studies and indicators that I rely on, which I'd have to move over to another platform if I decide to move. Which incidentally also is the area of no-support (they ask you to post EFS issues on the forum and wait for other users to respond). I'm ready to move on....

Good luck.

eSigTrader (not for long)

Comment

I experience momentary blackouts on an almost daily basis randomly throughout the day.

Generally switching timeframes, and then switching back gets the chart the load properly. Other times I have to completely restart my platform for them to load.

Yes annoying. Yes frustrating. No, I haven't found a permanent solution

Comment

Hi,

For this type of issue, you really should call Tech Support at 510-264-1700 to troubleshoot it.

Sincerely,

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by eSignal_EricL View Post
          Hi,

For this type of issue, you really should call Tech Support at 510-264-1700 to troubleshoot it.

Sincerely,

Eric
          Ha, too bad it won't solve anything.

I've been having this issue non stop as well. When I cycle symbols, sometimes it takes 30 seconds to load a chart, other times it never loads.

I've been on support with this and the typical response is: check your timeframes, check your efs, etc. After all that, they just say 'report a bug' in the program.

I've loaded a new layout with ONE chart, and NO studies and it still has this issue. I've asked developers to contact me to try to resolve the issue but they won't.

My guess is that when you send a data request, either the packet is dropped mid route or Esignals server drops it. (Perhaps if the server is overloaded with requests it starts dropping them to try to allow for buffering).

But until we hear from a developer, there won't be a good solution for anyone who wants to use E11 or 12. The only solution is to roll back to 10.6.

So frustrated because I like E12 but not worth using if I can't get a chart to pull up in a timely fashion.

Comment

I can only comment about my issues and what it took to solve them in regards to slow charts loading up and/or delayed or slow loading quotes.

I started out using eSignal back in 2004 with a real time stock quote feed. I don't remember what version it was I was using back then but in the beginning it worked pretty good. For me, it was the first time using a real charting software package and I used a direct access broker whose software integrated with eSignal’s. I had 6 charts loaded onto one monitor and the other monitor I had one chart, 2 time & sales windows, a watch list, a news feed, and a couple other smaller windows I can't remember what they were at the moment. I was using an older Dell desktop Duo-Core 2.3GHz processor, 4 GB, 2 Dell 22" monitors on an ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT Graphics card.

The computer ran good for a stock Dell pc using Windows XP Pro but after awhile, even the pc started reacting slower. It's gonna happen over time anyway, Right?!?
            By the time I was using version 10.6 and the computer was several years old at the time now, I too noticed my charts loading slower and stock quotes were coming through slower than what I was used to. It seemed that if I hadn't loaded a chart at the beginning of the day, it would load s-l-o-w-e-r than heck when I did load it into the chart. If I typed in a stock symbol at the start of the day, and then waited several seconds to sometimes 1 or 2 minutes for the chart(s) to load up, then I would be good the rest of the day. If I veered off from that particular chart and needed/wanted to type in that stock symbol again.....the charts would load right up no problem for the rest of the day, no delay or very minimal delay. Even getting live Tech Support to help figure out what was going on was no help.
            Now let's fast forward to now, 2015 - I'm using a new computer with Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit loaded on a SSD hard drive, an i5-4690K 3.5GHz Intel processor Turbo clocked to 3.9GHz, 16GB Ram, a dedicated graphics card with 4 monitors connected to it, CAT6 cables for my Ethernet connections. Everything is all new including the 4 Dell 24" monitors that are connected to the GeForce Graphics card.

I loaded eSignal 12.1 64 Bit onto that new PC, got my eSignal pages set up with my 14 charts, 4 time & sales windows, one news feed window, a quote window, a watch list, and a couple other windows............. There was NO lag, no delay in my software OR the charts loading up. All of my live feed is displayed into my windows with no problems what-so-ever!

This new computer, dedicated solely for stock trading and using eSignal version 12.2 software, is running smoothly AND the computer is running flawlessly. I couldn't be happier.

So if I can add anything to this information in regards to helping troubleshoot slow loading charts or delayed stock quotes-maybe it's the computer your using and not the software provider?!? The other thing it could be is the internet provider.
            I'm not sure what it'll take for some of you others to get your software up and running smoothly but for me, a new computer, that I built myself, was what cured my delayed quotes and/or my stock charts loading up slowly.....

Happy Trading,
            Steve.......... My goal in trading is to make good trading decisions – May my profits be large and my losses small.

Comment

Thanks for your response. Notice the lack of response from support or their developer..

Anyway, I've got a i7 5820k CPU @3.3 ghz w/ 16 GB RAM, SSD, etc. Gigabit for internet. It's definitely not my computer or connection.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeredith View Post
                Thanks for your response. Notice the lack of response from support or their developer..

Anyway, I've got a i7 5820k CPU @3.3 ghz w/ 16 GB RAM, SSD, etc. Gigabit for internet. It's definitely not my computer or connection.
                The silence here speaks volumes. Obviously there is no true support for this product and they are just trying to cash cow it.

Another huge issue with the latest builds are that it doesn't draw IPO data the day a new symbol starts trading until you close and reopen Esignal..

Comment

Working...
                X