Fixing an EFS file to work on Esignal 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing an EFS file to work on Esignal 12

The enclosed file was designed for Esignal 10. It is an alert which is triggered when a moving average crosses over a Donchian Channel. When I upgraded to version 12, the input for the Donchian was frozen which would not allow me to adjust the Donchian period. The program was only designed for the middle channel. I cannot program so any guidance in this area would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

It works fine on my end. Just change the Donchian period to any integer greater than or equal to 1 (lower limit) and press the enter key. Same applies to the MA length and offset.

Wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 02-03-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

codeless
      First of all the formula is fully functional in 12.3 (even triggering the alerts). Whether it does what you are looking for is another matter
      FWIW the original formula was written and posted by me (in 2003) in this thread and did not use the Donchian Channel at all but was intended to generate alerts based on the crossovers of two moving averages.
      Someone else subsequently modified it introducing logic errors and/or omissions. By the way the formula does not reference the Middle Donchian but plots the Upper Donchian and a Moving Average (and as I said triggers alerts when these cross).
      Alex

Originally posted by codeless View Post
      The enclosed file was designed for Esignal 10. It is an alert which is triggered when a moving average crosses over a Donchian Channel. When I upgraded to version 12, the input for the Donchian was frozen which would not allow me to adjust the Donchian period. The program was only designed for the middle channel. I cannot program so any guidance in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X