Can't relate daily data to intraday data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't relate daily data to intraday data

I'm having a problem seeing where the daily data is supposed to correspond to the intraday data. For example(and this isn't an odd case), look at SIMG for 4/25/2005. (yesterday).

If you look at the 1 min data on a chart, it shows an open of $9.90 (9:30 AM EST), and a close of $9.46 (4:00 PM EST). But if you change the chart to daily, it shows an open of $9.95 and a close of $9.50.

I'm trying to create a strategy based upon daily data points (OHLC), but when I get the data and try to actually use it, the intraday data doesn't correspond.

What am I missing here?

Can't be this difficult

I'm having a hard time believing this question is that difficult. Is there something that I'm missing when it comes to what eSignal considers the "open" for the day and the "close" for the day?

It's kind of difficult to create trading strategies if you can't even trust the data you have.

Comment

GREEZEE,

I went through SIMG and saw the same result. I've sent this to the QA department to qualify the data. As soon as I have an update, I'll reply back to this thread. The most efficient way to report a suspicious tick or OHLC is to use the Bad Tick Reporter. Any comments you can add to the Comment line will help expedite the fix. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Working...
      X