Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chart ID

All,

I wrote an EFS to exchange information with a DLL. It works fine if there is only one chart loaded this EFS.

Things get complicated when users open different charts and load the same EFS. I had to add code to give ID from the DLL for each chart. It works fine again until users load a different symbol on the same chart.

Since the EFS has to be reloaded, (the old ID gots wiped out) it gets a different ID. Due to resources constraint, I don't want the DLL to assign a different ID if the EFS is coming from the same chart. How can I do that? Is there a Chart ID that I can pass to my DLL?

Alternatively, is there an event handler that tells me that the EFS is reloading?

Anthony

Anthony
    You can use the getInvokerID() function to retrieve the chart's ID (click the link for the description of the function)
    Alex

Comment

Thank Alex, it works great.

My question to eSignal is why this function is not part of the EFS Developer's Reference? Can it be updated with the latest functions available to make life easier to programmers? I always check against this reference manual before asking question to the Forum. I get code done much faster.

Thanks,
      Anthony.

Comment

Hello Anthony,

The on-line EFS KnowledgeBase that Alexis referred you to for this function contains the most current developer's reference material. Please use this KB as your primary resource.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X