user defined market houst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user defined market houst

Anyone know how to implement user-defined market hours for intraday charts in QC 6.0.2? I know you could do this in previous versions.

Re: user defined market houst

Originally posted by tlinetrader
    Anyone know how to implement user-defined market hours for intraday charts in QC 6.0.2? I know you could do this in previous versions.
    Hey tlt,

I'm not aware of a way for individual users to do what I think it is that you're after.

QCharts 6.0.X has always used the same time mapping mechanism as 5.1, namely the MktHours file. I'm not aware of what it is you're referring to regarding user definitions in previous versions.

Do you have a specific example of what you wish to accomplish? It's possible to "hack" the MktHours file, but that could get messy and labor intensive what with the file changing each holiday.

LAM

Comment

Thanks for the reply Larry.

As an example, the intraday charts for the mini dow futures start building at 9:30am est. Interest rate futures start at 8:20 and volume in the stock indexes picks up quite a bit then. It would be nice to build 5 minute charts in the stock indexes starting at 8:20 (I'm not interested in the all sessions charts, too much data)

Under previous versions of Qcharts you could create a user defined mkt hours file that superceeded MktHours.inf. I don't think hacking the MktHours.inf will work because that file is frequently updated.

Comment

OK.
        Nothing has changed regarding hacking the MktHours fille in the current version vs previous versions. The "MktHours.UNF" over-ride works the same. And yep, having to reapply the hack each holiday gets tedious.

LAM

Comment

Thanks Larry. Can you point me to a thread with guidance on setting up the MktHours.unf file?

Comment

Originally posted by tlinetrader
            Thanks Larry. Can you point me to a thread with guidance on setting up the MktHours.unf file?
            TLT,

I'm not aware of any tutorial on coding MktHours. Over time, I've figured the thing out. How 'bout this...let me know the specific symbol(s) and the RTH (Regular Trading Hours) specs, and I'll create a UNF for you. I'll document just what mods I made so you can use that as an example for reapplying the mods come the next holiday update.

It might be easier if you send me specs via email.
            [email protected]

LAM

Comment

Working...
            X