Smoothed Heikin-Ashi Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello beena,

I think the issue may be that you don't have enough bars of data loaded in your chart for the study to get primed. If you notice in Alex's images, he has 600 bars loaded. I suggest you set up a time template to force a large data set to load in the chart. Let us know if that is the solution for you.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

In reply to a request by another user here is a revision of the HeikinAshi2b.efs that also computes and plots a moving average of the study.
      The MA can be user selected between Simple, Exponential or Weighted. Also available is the option to base the moving average on the HA High, HA Low, HA Open, HA Close or (HA High+HA Low)/2. All changes are highlighted in the script. Also included in the script is a comment that shows how to retrieve prior values of the average (for example to build conditions, etc)
      Alex

Attached Files

Comment

I cannot use the study on eurofx data, 6E #f. It doesn't seem to handle the decimals well. Can you look into this? Is there something I need to change?

Comment

Jim327
          The attached revision of the HeikinAshi3.efs implements the same modifications used in this version of the original Heikin-Ashi efs to adapt it for use with FX symbols. All modifications are marked in the efs
          I have also added a user defined "multiplier" (default is 1000) to adapt the efs to different symbols.
          Alex

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work, Alexis!

Comment

Heiken-Ashi EFS

Hi Alexis and Jason,

While I'm crossing my fingers that eSignal will make H-A Candles an official chart type soon, is there any way to make the EFS's candle bodies bigger and more rectangular and the wicks fatter?
              I'm running the thinnest line chart with an EFS overlay and these enhancements would be a great help.

Any help much appreciated.

Best regards,
              Bob

Comment

Hello Bob,

The HA candles are created using drawLineRelative() calls, which have rounded ends by default. We don't currently have any other graphics commands we can use to exactly duplicate candlesticks. What the formula is currently using was the best that I could come up with. At any rate, you can change the thickness of the candle body and the wick by opening the formula in the EFS Editor (Tools-->EFS) and chang the thickness parameter of the drawLineRelative() calls, which is the 6th parameter.
                Jason K.
                Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason,

Vast improvement, many thanks. I presume EFS2 doesn't improve on the drawLineRelative () calls. Any plans to make H-A charts one of the official chart types like regular candles?

Best regards,
                  Bob

Comment

Hello Bob,

I'm not aware of any plans to add H-A as a chart type. If you haven't already, submit your suggestion to [email protected].
                    Jason K.
                    Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                    EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

has esignal added a correct version of HA anywhere?

Comment

where can change the option for T3, KAMA smoothing or no smoothing?

Comment

vincentjiang
                          The formula parameters can be changed in Edit Studies
                          Alex

Originally posted by vincentjiang
                          where can change the option for T3, KAMA smoothing or no smoothing?

Comment

great job! how do we change the number of bars?

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
                            In reply to a request by another user here is a revision of the HeikinAshi2b.efs that also computes and plots a moving average of the study.
                            The MA can be user selected between Simple, Exponential or Weighted. Also available is the option to base the moving average on the HA High, HA Low, HA Open, HA Close or (HA High+HA Low)/2. All changes are highlighted in the script. Also included in the script is a comment that shows how to retrieve prior values of the average (for example to build conditions, etc)
                            Alex

Comment

Working...
                            X