What's up with the Price quotes being decimalized

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the Price quotes being decimalized

I trade CBOT treasury futures and now they are all decimalized! No quotes in 32nds or 64ths! Just decimals. This is insane for to have treasuries quoted in this manner. It's even more insane to have your user manually calculate the price in 32nds and 64ths!

What has to happen to correct this?

I have same problem. It is terrible.
    Sometimes after restart it works correctly, but often I see bonds in decimal...

Comment

kargoyle and rsm8888
      AFAIK treasury futures are quoted in eSignal in 32nds (bonds), 32nds and a half (10 and 5 year notes), 32nds and a quarter (2 year notes) as per CBOT's own convention.

In the above quote window for example ZB U3 is trading at 107 and 3/32 up 6/32; ZN U3 is trading at 112 4/32 and a half up 2/32; ZF U3 is trading at 112 3/32 and a half up half a 32nd; ZT U3 is trading at 107 12/32 and three quarters down 3/32.

Here are the specs from CBOT's own site as to Price Quotations
      Bonds - Points ($1,000) and thirty-seconds of a point; for example, 80-16 equals 80 16/32.
      10 yr and 5 yr Notes - Points ($1,000) and one half of 1/32 of a point; i.e., 84-16 equals 84 16/32, 84-165 equals 84 16.5/32.
      2 yr Notes - Points ($2,000) and one quarter of 1/32 of a point; for example, 91-16 equals 91 16/32, 91-162 equals 91 16.25/32, 91-165 equals 91 16.5/32, and 91-167 equals 91 16.75/32.

Hope this helps
      Alex
      Last edited by ACM; 08-11-2003, 11:41 PM.

Comment

May be this will clear problem. It start with version 7.4 after reinstal first time it is correct like 10729 10728 and so on and after closing application and opening again it start to use decimal numbers everywhere for everithing.
        Attached Files

Comment

one more dec

one more picture...
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks rsm8888 and Alexis,

I did a reinstall of 7.4 and restarted it, and it is working now. I will leave it this way until I am finished with tomorrow's trade after the FOMC meeting. Don't want to rock the boat 'til then.

All your suggestions were great and I certainly appreciate your assistance.

Take care.

Comment

I've been on 7.4 for weeks and mine just started acting this way today. It's a bit disturbing at first glance, guess I'll get used to seeing the futures , correctly?

Comment

We are investigating the issue. Thus far, we have narrowed the issue down to a problem in the file specs.tab. We are in the process of rolling back to a version prior to today's, however this will take some time to do so. In the meantime, you can download the older version from here (file removed) and replace the local copy in the main eSignal directory. Be sure to shut down eSignal before doing so.

Once the file has been released to our servers I will delete this version to remove any confusion (all that will be needed at that point is a restart of eSignal.)
                Regards,
                Jay F.
                Product Manager

Comment

$TVOL and $TVOLQ

Also, the exchange volumes $TVOL and $TVOLQ are now being reported in scientific notation. For example,

$TVOLQ: 3.07955e+008
                  Tom

Comment

The rollback has been completed. Anyone experiencing this problem should just be able to restart eSignal to correct the issue. We continue our investigation as to why this occurred in the first place.
                    Regards,
                    Jay F.
                    Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                      The rollback has been completed. Anyone experiencing this problem should just be able to restart eSignal to correct the issue. We continue our investigation as to why this occurred in the first place.
                      I completely restarted eSignal, and it's still the same.
                      Tom

Comment

Tom,

What if you do the following...

1) Close eSignal and the Data Manager.
                        2) Find and delete (or rename) all copies of specs.tab
                        3) Restart eSignal

Does that correct the issue? Also, what version of eSignal are you running?
                        Regards,
                        Jay F.
                        Product Manager

Comment

Originally posted by JayF
                          Tom,

What if you do the following...

1) Close eSignal and the Data Manager.
                          2) Find and delete (or rename) all copies of specs.tab
                          3) Restart eSignal

Does that correct the issue? Also, what version of eSignal are you running?
                          I am running 7.4. I shut down eSignal and Data Manager and deleted specs.tab from C:\Program Files\eSignal. When I restart I pick up a new SPECS.TAB file with date 8/12/2003 11:20AM, but ES is still quoted in decimals. I notice that $TVOL and $TVOLQ are back to being in "K" again, instead of scientific notation.
                          Tom

Comment

Tom,

Thanks for getting back to me. We are researching the issue further, and as soon as I hear back more, I'll be sure to post it here.
                            Regards,
                            Jay F.
                            Product Manager

Comment

Personally I'm getting to like it. I prefer seeing the whole numbers without the zeroes after them on advanced charts . Not bad in the T+S or quote windows either. I'm sure bond traders won't agree though.

Comment

Working...
                              X