how to draw Fibonacci Circles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to draw Fibonacci Circles

Last edited by linus71; 03-13-2004, 07:34 AM.

Re: how to draw Fibonacci Circles

Originally posted by linus71
    Would anybody please explain me - not how to use, but - how to draw Fibonacci Circles properly?

Where and how do I find the recent and the latest Pivot points (on a daily chart for example)?

Thanks in advance for help,
    Linus
    Isn't how to use the same as how to draw properly? Finding pivot points on the daily chart is very easy, but the most tradable approach would be to use the 60 minute chart. By the time the pivot shows up in the daily chart, at least 3 days could pass so look for opportunity in the 60 minute. This chart shows the Fib circle drawn from the 3/12 pivot 60 minute chart. The first consolidation or pull back is your .382 anchor point. Line these two points up and you see the others fall into place. Same with the Fib time, anchor the .382 Fib line at the first pull back pivot and the others will follow. The Fib extension is used from the 3/12 pivot to the top of 3/14 high. You will only know this after the fact that the high is taken out that the extension will work so when it is surpassed mark the next target with a measured move of at least 1, or 893.84 in this case. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Fibo the great

Apply Fibs to everything and look for patterns

10/10/02 - 1/13/03 = 95
      1/13/03 - 3/12/03 = 58
      3/12/03 - 4/17/03 = 36
      95 x .618 = 58 x .618 = 36

Comment

Good Job Plumber!

Plumber I Believge you are giving good advices and in a simple language.

Thanks
        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

BY THE WAY.....PLUMBER

I'v been foloowing your post since a while.

You mastering Fibonacci- I guess- pretty well

Can you do a favor to me?

Can you tell me the sequence you use in the "AGET TIME & PRICE" function (both time & prices) ? I'v triyed to sneak them out from one your recent post....but would be nicer having 'em from you with some suggestio.

If you like to.

Thanks a lot
          Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Re: Golden Numbers

My answer is mixed with your questions

[QUOTE]Originally posted by linus71
            [B]Hey thanks for your posts, plumber.
            Pretty accurate your numbers. You got the data form S&P?
            I took the COMPQ for computing the numbers,
            they weren't as accurate but still pretty close.

This is why I use the S&P, the more people who touch it the better the patterns.

Say, the preset numbers in the FIB tools are not all
            "Golden Numbers", are they?
            e.g. 0.25, 0.5, 0.75, or 4.25 don't look so fibonacci.
            It seems to me that they were rounded.
            e.g. 0.236 or 4.236 make more sense.

The ones you listed are more like Gann numbers, or Gann ratios I should say

Also, is it legal to multiply fib numbers times 2?
            I was experimenting with the fib circle, and
            I got numbers like 0.472, 0.764, 1.236....
            even the number 2.000.
            Or - is it legal to add or subtract any of the fib numbers with
            or from each other, like 0.618+0.236 or 0.854-0.382 ?

YES, now your getting it. The ratios are the template to which patterns spawn from. Add 1 or 2 to find ANY patterns. Try square roots, how about this , patterns with the square root of 3
            768 - 954 = 186
            789 - 896 = 107
            843 - 905 = 62
            863 - 898 = 35
            186/1.732 = 107
            107/1.732 = 62
            62/1.732 = 35
            These numbers are S&P.

Anyway, I tried it and put those numbers in place of the
            round numbers. The prices fit between the fib lines with
            stunning accuracy no matter if I use daily or 30 minute charts.
            Last edited by theplumber; 04-22-2003, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Re: BY THE WAY.....PLUMBER

The time sequence are Fib numbers and the Price sequence is natural squares; 5 ^2, 6^2, 7^2, etc. A good example of the power of Fibs and the ratio's look at this website and look at todays action, 4/22.

Originally posted by fabrizio
              I'v been foloowing your post since a while.

You mastering Fibonacci- I guess- pretty well

Can you do a favor to me?

Can you tell me the sequence you use in the "AGET TIME & PRICE" function (both time & prices) ? I'v triyed to sneak them out from one your recent post....but would be nicer having 'em from you with some suggestio.

If you like to.

Thanks a lot
              http://www.dailyduediligence.com/Mark/042103h.html

Comment

Just playing with some charts and came up with
                this one. The Fib circle is centered at the cross
                that is the all-time high and the head and shoulders
                intersection.The Fib time is used based on a quote from
                Gann being all tops and lows are related far ahead of
                time, and if July 2002 is an important low than a top
                may came very soon but id Oct 2002 is an important
                low than a little more running is to be expected.I didn't say
                THE low, just important ones, and this one is acting as such.
                The aqua is July and the orange is for Oct, my thoughts
                are Oct is the one and a run into the Bradley July 3 date
                is how it will play out.
                Attached Files

Comment

Plumber
                  I played myself with your chart , adding couple of tools.
                  You are right.
                  Nice intersection of .789 circle, Gann square , Time &price July the 15th. at that level there is the base of a Mob from the pivot of 2 dicember
                  Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Nice work Fab, based on the "cycle" work I do
                    I came up with this chart as a minimum target, 965
                    pulled from the all-time high. And I came up with this
                    789-896x1.732=974 789-905x1.618=977
                    789-920x1.414=974 768-954=186 789-975=186
                    as a secondary target, but time is more important so if
                    a top is to come within this month it could go to 1050-1069.
                    Of course I was told I was an idiot back 2 months ago but so
                    be it, I don't care about being right, just as long as I make money Funny how no one really talks about MA and
                    how basic yet telling they can be. Nobody I know was bullish
                    until the 50 crossed the 200, and missed out on alot of easy money.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by theplumber; 06-01-2003, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Plumber

Impressive!.

Please post more of your "thought " and studies, They are great hints ( and I know you do not tell us all about Gann side........) at least for myself.

How to say....? Bravo!
                      Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Re: playing the tools

http://solargeometry.com/Geometry.htm http://ermanometry.com/example2.htm http://www.ieoua.com/phisolcubex.html http://goldennumber.net/solarsys.htm http://www.aeroinvest.com/broadcast/...r/PhiSolar.htm

Maybe the question should be "why do Fib numbers and ratio's
                        work?" and then everything makes sense. The url's show some of the reason's why and the chart shows a Fib extension pulled from the 3/12 lows to the 895 3/21 high, and then extension from there. Gives some nice targets.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Found this on another (pay) message board and found it very relevant right now at this point in time.

Category: TA
                          To: ALL
                          Date Posted: June 02, 2003 at 17:28:58
                          Subject: Well, here we are ! Where's that?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello folks,

There are a few potential weekly hits that could very well line up nicely here. If you count from each of the weekly turns, you will find that many, if not most of them have very nice turns on fib and square counts and large multiples of those.

Could this be a big turn right here? Let's look.

Most are aware that this week is 144 weeks from the 5th wave failure of the S&P 500 on Sept 1st 2000. For what it's worth, Sept 21st 2001 was 55 weeks from Sept 1st 2000. Oh, and Oct 10th 2002 was 1 short of a fib 89 weeks. Hmmm, interesting. Are there others? Interestingly enough, the panic low on Oct 27th 1997 when the market was down over 600 points intraday happens to be 289 (17sq), or 1 off of 288, which is two times 144, weeks from this week.

Others are:

Jan 3rd 2001 high in the S&P 500-178 weeks (2X89) to June 2nd.
                          Feb 28th 2000 low in the S&P 500-170 weeks, 1 off of a 169 (13sq)
                          April 12th high and subsequent low on April 14th when S&P 500 was down just over 100 points is 1 over 2X9sq or 163 weeks.
                          Dec 21st 2000 low is 2X8sq or 128 weeks from here.
                          Jan 31st 2001 is 1 over 11sq or 122 weeks from here.
                          Sept 21st 2001 is a fib 89 weeks from here. Hmmmm.
                          Jan 7th 2002 is 1 over 72 weeks from here. (remember 72 and 42) 72 is 1/2 144 and 2X6sq.
                          March 19th 2002 high is 1 short of 8sq weeks from here.
                          Oct 10th 2002 is a fib 34 weeks from here.

Nah. I doubt there is anything there.

On second thought though, considering that many, if not most of those turns had weekly turns within 1 week of a number of fib and square numbered weeks from them, there is a distinct possibility that this could be a significant turn.

I understand that the market appears very strong, and I also am aware that we just broke the long term downtrend line on the S&P 500. If you were to look at the decline from 1930 to 1932, you would see that almost every rally broke the downtrend line before turning back down.

What about the 8.6 year cycle that has been mentioned. In the uptrend from 1982 there were a few of them. How large were the down moves? In a powerful uptrend, some fairly long cycles may not have that large of a correction. The same can be said about a powerful downtrend. Ever since 1932 the rallies from that low on the 8.6 year cycles may have been very strong. How are they going to look in THE BEAR market though.

How important of a top could this be *if* the market tops here? Considering the numbers in the sentiment figures, it could be a
                          major high.

Time will tell, or has it told in its own way something about to happen right now, based on all the turns for this week, +or- 1 week?

Good luck and God bless, Larry

P.S. Daniel 55 X 8 is 1 off of a fib 21 sq.
                          Last edited by theplumber; 06-02-2003, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Plumber

The paper of the fed in GA was really interesting as well as the last post.

For the Fib "groupies" let me add this link which lead you to the Rob Knott 's Fib & Lucas calculator. Abs useless, but great to play

http://www.mcs.surrey.ac.uk/Personal.../fibCalcX.html[/URL]
                            Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Working...
                            X