Lunar Cycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunar Cycles

Hello, is there a time study for lunar cycles (full moon, half moon, etc.) on the daily? Thx!!!

Re: Lunar Cycles

Why stop with lunar cycles, how about a sunspot cycle.Super impose this over a chart and you'll see the spike up through the bands in 2000 was August 2000 and the second spike down after that was Sept 11 2001. The latest spike down was in March 2003.

http://science.msfc.nasa.gov/ssl/pad..._predict_l.gif

Comment

Moon phases because there has been a study of the last 100 years of stock data that shows more than a casual relationship between moon phases (in specific new and full) and stock movement. There are many reasons why this could be true...and is an interesting factoid.

If my high scool astronomy hasn't completely failed me, then I believe that the moon's cycle is very regular and easy to model with math (unlike some other heavenly bodies). If this is the case it should be easy to write such an EFS. I haven't heard of anyone doing so however.

G
      Garth

Comment

Ensign has done it that is part of their cycle study. Actually the heavenly bodies are the basis of all cycle work.People may want to check out Al Larson's work (My Electric Life) as well as this attached pdf by the Atlanta Fed

Originally posted by gspiker
        Moon phases because there has been a study of the last 100 years of stock data that shows more than a casual relationship between moon phases (in specific new and full) and stock movement. There are many reasons why this could be true...and is an interesting factoid.

If my high scool astronomy hasn't completely failed me, then I believe that the moon's cycle is very regular and easy to model with math (unlike some other heavenly bodies). If this is the case it should be easy to write such an EFS. I haven't heard of anyone doing so however.

G
        http://www.frbatlanta.org/filelegacydocs/wp0305.pdf

Comment

Hi,

Yep I'm familiar with Al's work, and thanks for the pdf, but your comment:

Actually the heavenly bodies are the basis of all cycle work.
          isn't correct. While there is a wide (and varied) group of people doing cycles based on plaents, moon, Sun, etc...some cycle work is based off of digital signal proceessing to extract cycle information, others are based off of ratios of important time events, and some are based off of tedious logs kept of important events - the last did a great job of predicting both the huge run in home stores and the start of recent conflicts we have have had.

I'm sure there may be even more, these are just the ones I am familar with.

Garth
          Garth

Comment

Originally posted by gspiker
            Hi,

Yep I'm familiar with Al's work, and thanks for the pdf, but your comment:

isn't correct. While there is a wide (and varied) group of people doing cycles based on plaents, moon, Sun, etc...some cycle work is based off of digital signal proceessing to extract cycle information, others are based off of ratios of important time events, and some are based off of tedious logs kept of important events - the last did a great job of predicting both the huge run in home stores and the start of recent conflicts we have have had.

I'm sure there may be even more, these are just the ones I am familar with.

Garth

The comment is correct, go back a few hundred years to the Rochchilds, or even a few thousand to cave man joe seeing the cyclicality of the heavely bodies and making a correlation that cycles are a part of life.

Comment

I will agree with you that humans make cause and effect relationships (even when such relationships don't exist) and that the heaven's have been part of that for 1000's of years.

I completely disagree that all cycle research or methodology is based on the heavens, or uses any of the methods used by astro people.

In any case, to bring this back to the subject at hand, an EFS of moon phases is possible - if you know the math.

Garth
              Garth

Comment

http://www.spiritoftruth.org.nz/novcrash.htm

Interesting read, even if it is a little dated but has some use.An annular solar eclipse was May 31 so a little sell off may be expected, but another reason to watch the moon "cycles". One very important thing to keep in mind is astrophysics is VERY different from astrology, and some of the things I worked on in Los Alamos (extension to Einstein's field theory) is VERY relevent to the "human" stock market.

Comment

Moon cycles

Here's one Ensign version with the moons at the bottom, they also have an option to color the bars as well. Something people may want to look at is that the cycles shown had a period of showing 3 bottoms in a row but the last on March showed a high, and another may be next. Cyclical inversion can also be profitable.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X