Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for TS2000i Plug-in

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

I lost 15 minutes of e-mini data yesterday following a lightning strike. The gap on the chart was filled in within seconds.

Now I can go on vacation without the inevitable hassle of begging missing data from friends!

That's terrific. Sounds like you found it pretty easy to install and use right away.

Thanks for the follow-up.

Comment

How is this plugin different from TS Support Uniserver ? What are the differences ?

Comment

Esignal - TS SUPPORT

As already expressed in other forum THANK YOU

Thanks a lot again for this unexpected gift that works Smooth and nicely ( I downloaded more than 3 .5 million data in 2 + Hrs.) and simply as never seen.

Thanks again ESIGNAL

Now someone probably (I doubt) will understand AGAIN why I (and many others) believe in this company.

Fabrizio
        Fabrizio L. Jorio Fili

Comment

Phantom
          The most significant difference is that the eSignal ActiveX Plugin is a free tool.
          That aside the two are very alike in look and feel. However TS Support has done some extra work under the hood of the ActiveX Plugin to fix the few problems that still remained in Uniserver. Having had both it is also my impression that there is a performance advantage with the ActiveX Plugin over Uniserver.
          Where the two are identical instead is in the superb and seamless integration with GlobalServer.
          Alex

Comment

Some Q&A on eSignal ActiveX Plugin for TS2000i

In the Italian Forum there have been some questions posted on the eSignal ActiveX Plugin and I thought it might be be useful to mirror them here.

What is the cost of the program?
            None. It is offered free by eSignal as an added value to its subscribers.

Do I need to enable ActiveX subscription?
            No enablement is necessary. The program is ready to be used once it has been downloaded and installed.

Can I download data while GlobalServer is connected in real time?
            Yes eSignal ActiveX Plugin for TS2000i will work with Global server in both Online and Offline Modes.

Can I download data for a symbol that is Connected and for which I am running a chart in TS2000i?
            Yes data can be downloaded for any symbol including the ones that are Connected and being charted. In fact eSignal ActiveX Plugin for TS2000i is particularly useful to fill in gaps that may have been caused by an unexpected disconnect. It works in the background and once it has downloaded the requested data it seamlessly imports it in GlobalServer. The only thing that may tell you that the process is completed is that the gaps simply disappear.

Can I download data for expired futures contracts?
            Yes. You simply need to use eSignal's symbology for expired contracts.

Will it download data for the newly added exchanges?
            Yes.

How much historical daily data can I download?
            In most cases in excess of 10 years.

How much historical intraday data can I download?
            At this time 60 days. Soon this will be raised to 120 days and then further increased from there onward up to a maximum of 2 years.

If anyone has more questions please feel free to post
            Alex

Comment

I think I found a small bug for FOREX. I think for this category, it should be setup with FOREX exchange and not CFOREX which doesn't seem to exist in TS2000i.

Apart from that : Is it planned that eSignal offer also a tool to read XPO histories in eSignal directly so we can reuse our long histories (for example my 5 years XPO on Emini S&P500 in ticks)?

Comment

And another bug :

For FOREX, you have to download Ask record and Bid record (example for AUD A0-FX). So you select this field, then you check this field but this ActiveX plugin will never remember you checked these fields. Of course if you check 1 tick, 1 mn or 1 day it will remember so I guess we have a bug here...

Comment

Phantom

it should be setup with FOREX exchange and not CFOREX which doesn't seem to exist in TS2000i.

I seem to have it listed in GlobalServer (see image below)
                  Alex

Comment

Phantom

So you select this field, then you check this field but this ActiveX plugin will never remember you checked these fields.

Where is it that it is not remembering your settings?
                    After you set them in Add Items and you go back to the Download from eSignal window?
                    In that case it will not check them for you but once you have checked them as items to download it will retain those settings.
                    At least that is what it seems to do here (assuming I understood your point in the first place)
                    Alex
                    Last edited by ACM; 08-09-2003, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Reconnect error-another user connected

A bug has appeared under the following scenario: two paths to connect to the data server with one a backup being StarBand satellite delivered ISP available through the LAN and the other a Multilink set of 3 modems on dialup analog telco phone lines on the same computer as eSignal applications.

If the dialup path is routinely disconnected the Data Manager looks for an alternate. Finding the StarBand ISP through the LAN it attempts connection, but reports another user is connected. This locks the Data Manager in the error mode until it is stopped and then restarted manually with the eSignal application.

However, the reverse scenario of automatically switching from the StarBand LAN feed to the local dialup feed is flawless without errors.

Comment

Alexis and Phantom,

Actually there are two different types of GlobalServer: with CFOREX exchange and with FOREX exchange. If you have FOREX
                        then you have to add this exchange into the forex template.

And some more issues on forex data: the thing is - eSignal Forex presents only bid/ask prices and not the Trade Record. If you cannot download Forex data at all, you must edit your template for Forex in eSignal Plugin for TS2000i, add to it Ask/Bid Record and check them when setting download options. If eSignal Plugin for TS2000i downloads data, but it doesn't appear in GlobalServer, you must add Ask/Bid records to the GlobalServer. To do so double-click the symbol you need, go to the 'History to save' tab and add Bid/Ask records.

Regards,
                        Robert
                        Last edited by TS Support; 08-09-2003, 08:10 AM.

Comment

Ask and Bid not remembered

Alexis & TS Support,

Have a look at this screenshot, normally ActiveX plugin should remember that I checked Ask and Bid record but it always think I didn't and keep an uncheck status, while with other fields the settings which are checked are remembered...

As for FOREX, in General, it seems you list all the exchanges offering a specific product. For futures you will list CME, CBOT and so on as part of the default future template. For Forex you list only CFOREX (which I still didnt find) and not FOREX which seems more natural for people to configure FX symbols with...
                          Attached Files

Comment

As you can see here, no problems with 1 tick and 1 day check status: they are saved...not the case with Bid/Ask ones, which obliged me each day to check them otherwise no download for Forex will be done (problem was already in Uniserver)
                            Attached Files

Comment

And last but not least, I think Future should be listed in Items per default when you install it.

So far only Stocks are listed, and as you know the number of people trading futures is raising , while the number of people still trading stocks is decreasing...

Comment

Working...
                              X