Absolutely no data & bo one to help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely no data & bo one to help

There was no data coming in for NSE Bombay, India on December 27, 2011 & no one could help.

Tried to call & auto answer kept me going round & round with same message.

Finally got someone to answer the phone 5 hours after market close & he couldn't say why or how. He told me he will send me an e mail after he finds out what happened.

Instead I got an e mail to fill out the survey as to how was the support.

What would you say ?

It is strange that having thousands of clients worldwide & collecting millions of dollars, eSignal would not give service to international clients. This has happened many times before & eSignal's response is to call Europe or Australia. I have treid that too & it is a waste of time & money since there is no toll free number for suport.

eSignal can easily outsource cheap labor who can at least say that they are aware of the problem & whether someone is working to resolve that instead make people wondering if something is wrong with their PC or Internet & a whole host of things when the real problem turns out to be eSignal.

Also now I have a whole day of data missing which will distort all the charts. Any solution for that ?

Does eSignal have some sort of Plan B in this kind of situation ?

By the way other data supliers in India were working so data was being transmitted by NSE & BSE.

I would also like to know if eSignal is going to do something in future so the subscribers aren't wasing their time & money in troubleshooting their own hardware & software when the actual problem is eSignal.

yes, the support is pathetic, they have stopped the live rep service and claiming that it is active. I have bad experiences for a few years.

By past experiences, the data hole will remain for ever and they will not take the trouble to fill the data hole in their historical servers.

Comment

eSignal can outsource & hire well qualified engineer who speaks fluent English for half the minimum wage in USA ( $3.00 an hour, less than $500.00 a month ) to answer phones during after hours.

Is that too much to ask when you are making hunfreds of thousands or may be millions from customers outside USA ?

What would clients in USA would say or do if you had no back up plans & miss the data for few hours or full day for couple of exchanges like CME Group for 5 to 10 days a year ?

Why don't you have the back up plans for non US exchanges ?

Please give us an educated explanation.

Comment

NSE data

There was a fire in the building that housed circuits where we get our Indian data. That is the reason for this. We have since made some adjustments to keep the data loss to a minimum, but there are still some issues that are being worked on.

Our after hours support is normally done by email or liverep support which both should be working. Also we can answer simple questions here as well.

related:

http://forum.esignal.com/showthread....threadid=37107
        Thank you,
        Eric O.
        eSignal Support

Comment

This incidence is not an isolated one.
          This happens few times a year when there is no fire.

When I called the guy answering the phone didn't know why there was no data & I called after trading for that day was over. So basically you didn't even tell your support people that there was a fire ? He also told me he would write me back which he never did.

How come there is no plan B when something like this happens ?

I am sure you have plan B & Plan C for US Exchanges just not for International exchanges ?

Comment

not getting data

I cannot speak for the other times during the year that this happens. For that I would have to look at a time when the issue was happening so I could troubleshoot and let you know what was going on.

As far as the fire is concerned we do have a plan B and that is the reason why the data was mostly restored in the time that it was.

We are currently looking for more fault tolerance for this data in light of what has happened. Both lines of data have been restored at this point, but there should be more fail protection in the future.

Once again I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions or concerns on the matter
            Thank you,
            Eric O.
            eSignal Support

Comment

i would like to see as good a fail protection as you have for US markets. We all pay same hard earned money & should be treated equally.

Thanks

Comment

If it's possible, that's what we are going for. For a lot of these emerging markets and exchanges this kind of fault tolerance isn't available yet. We are working on it though, rest assured.
                Thank you,
                Eric O.
                eSignal Support

Comment

Working...
                X