Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More symbols that subscription allows, not really !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More symbols that subscription allows, not really !

I have the 500 symbol version of Esignal, I also use Qcollector Pro to run 5 min realtime data updates for customer built scanner.

In Qcollector I have 500 chargeable stock symbols and 6 non chargeable symbols ( ie like $INDU, $COMPQ etc)

However when I open the standard NEWS service in esignal and view headlines, the news covers all symbols with no respect to the pre selected symbols that I require via the 500 stock symbols used in QCollector Pro.

My point is this, whan a number of symbols turn up in the news that are not in the QCollector Pro realtime update, the subscription symbol count exceeds the 500 symbol limit and Esignal data managers obviously freaks out ....

HOW can I overcome the NEWS headlines symbol issue to only cover symbols that I am interested in , ie only 500 chargeable symbols and not the standard free symbols like $INDU, $COMPQ, etc.

Please advise....

The symbol count is pretty straight-forward. Each symbol sent to the Data Manager to "stream" is counted against the subscription limit. News, per se, doesn't count as a symbol. Can you please elaborate on how you are activating our "News Service"?

I tried to follow what your describing here by opening the eSignal Text Manager and requesting headlines. Despite loading hundreds of headlines, there is no impact to the symbol count being monitored by the Data Manager.

Please provide some additional information so we can further assist.

Thanks.

Comment

I am running some tests with Qcollector Pro and will get back to this thread...

Comment

Working...
      X