esignal 7.x and 2000i will not plot emini volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• esignal 7.x and 2000i will not plot emini volume

I have a problem that when I have an ES or YM chart, the volume will be displayed, but from the point the chart is opened, it will not display any further. I have to switch time frames on the chart to make it up date again and again.

This is for trade volume and not tick volume, the normal default is tick volume, but I want trade volume.

Esignal changed their method to incremental updates for emini volume, and it seems to have affected 2000i. There is a procedure to apply for this, but still the volume is not being updated on the chart.

Have any other 2000i users experienced this ?

I need a solution

Thanks
    Bluey.
    Last edited by Bluey; 02-11-2003, 09:41 AM.

Bluey

There are a couple of solutions available.

The first one, and IMHO the simpler and better one because it also provides performance and other advantages, is to create your mini contract as an Index rather than a Future.
    As you can see in the following image I can plot by Trade Volume (in the chart set at 500 contracts).

The second solution is in the attached zip file which contains an html file listing the procedure. This has worked on my install but I do know it has not resolved other TS2k installations.

Hope this helps

Alex
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ACM; 02-11-2003, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks, but I tried adding YM H3 as an index, but nothing is collected. What exchange did you list your collection on for ES

Comment

I used CME as the exchange and then had to manually input all the Settings (including the Sessions to collect both ES #F and ES #F=2)
        Alex

Comment

I cannot get Globalserver to collect ES #2 as an index

I am curious about the exact settings you made that are different, it is defined as index, cme exchange, times set mon to friday 9:30 to 16:00 and resets ticked, but still no data collected.

Comment

I cannot get Globalserver to collect ES #F as an index

I am curious about the exact settings you made that are different, it is defined as index, cme exchange, times set mon to friday 9:30 to 16:00 and resets ticked, but still no data collected.

Comment

Here are my settings for es h3
              Attached Files

Comment

and this
                Attached Files

Comment

this too
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks to everyone, I now have NQ #F and YM #F working, the trick is to use index template also on the first dialogue ???

dloomis I already have those defined but check to see if you can have trade volume updated with esignal and not tick volume. It works but does not update. This is a problem with PCquote and Esignal and has sort of been admitted by Tradestation unofficially. I called tech support and they knew nothing.

"For those TradeStation 2000i users who have been affected by the change PCQuote recently made to its feed, we would like to give you a better understanding of the issue. PCQuote recently began sending trade sizes for electronic futures. Currently, when TradeStation receives volume data for any futures symbol, it acts as if it has received an end-of-day update and resets the chart. Therefore, the charting application will continually be reset on every tick and will therefore lead to an excessive amount of CPU utilization.

We understand your concern and want you to know that we are taking this issue seriously and are working as quickly as possible to provide our TradeStation 2000i users with an update that will address this issue. We expect to make this update available for download soon.

Sincerely,

Stephen
                    TradeStation Technologies, Inc."

"Both eSignal and DTN also transmit volume for E-mini futures, but both of these changes also required similar modifications to the 2000i software. I have been informed that the issue you reported with the volume not updating on the chart also occurs with eSignal and DTN and is to be expected.

Greg
                    TradeStation Technologies, Inc."

Comment

check to see if you can have trade volume updated ...

where do I find that?

Comment

just right click on your chart and format symbol. the default is tick, change it too trade volume. It may plot for a while or it may just stop there and then.

its something to do with incremental update changes from esignal a while back.

Bluey.

Comment

this is what I show
                          Attached Files

Comment

David
                            At the Format Symbol dialog box select Tick Bar and then check Trade Volume radio button
                            See attached image.
                            Alex
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X