A little background. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little background. . .

I want to explain a little of why eSignal does what it does. . .

First, people need to understand the fact that we license the use of our data specified by the exchanges. We also have measures in place to restrict illegal redistribution of our data that are better enforced when using the Desktop API. These restrictions keep us in a favorable light with the exchanges and reduce the possibility of costly audits. We are held in extremely high regard by the vast majority exchanges because of our strict security measures and reporting systems and diligently work to keep them that at that level.

Secondly, We have different APIs for different usage levels. The Desktop API is available for retail users without a separate contract. It is relatively simple and catered for individuals looking to create relatively simple financial models for their own use. I use it myself for a model I created. It works absolutely great for its intended purpose. The Desktop API can also be used for commercial development - depending on the application.

Our Standard and Control APIs are for corporate developers because our non-disclosure agreement requires a corporate entity to be valid. We lose some control over how data is accessed with those APIs, so we need to closely evaluate and monitor how it is being used. There is not a publically accessible forum or file share for these products.

We definitely work with 3rd Party developers (here is a list), but also require them to establish a business relationship that extends beyond simply accessing our data. Yes, there are additional costs associated with the other APIs. They allow us to only deal with businesses that are sound and serious so we only place our resources in relationships that will add to our value.
Working...
X