finding high and low so far today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finding high and low so far today

The Desktop API does not seem to provide any reliable way to determine the high and low so far today, as would be shown as "High" and "Low" in a detail window. For example, right at this moment, a detail window for "ES Z5" shows High=123925 and Low=123725. But the Desktop API apparently does not offer any way for an application to get at these numbers reliably.

At first, one might think an application could obtain this information via RequestHistory("ES Z5", "D", btDAYS, 1, -1, -1), and then when IsHistoryReady returns True or OnBarsReceived is called, if GetNumBars returns 1 then use GetBar(handle, 0).

Actually, this works sometimes, but not always. For example, right at this moment, if an application followed this procedure it would get high=124300 and low=123325, which is data for Monday. In fact, within eSignal, if I open an Advanced Bar Chart, I get a chart where the last bar is for Monday, and there is no bar for Tuesday (i.e., overnight so far).

This seems like a pretty fundamental limitation of the Desktop API. Am I missing something?
Working...
X