A general comment about our community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A general comment about our community

As with ANY software company, defects are found when developers use the product in situations the company has not tested for. Although we wish these defects would not exist, the reality is that they do and they need to be corrected - as quickly as possible. The richer the discription and your own analysis of the problem, the easier it is to diagnose and correct - much like describing a tummy ache to your doctor, and including that you just came back from Puerto Vierta, where you were drinking margaritas on the rocks. The second piece of information pinpoints the problem to the water the ice was made with and Montazuma got his Revenge.

So, apart from my anology, I want to stress that we aim to resolve all the problems we can. When I see a developer has uploaded code to the file share that generates the issue they have and they have included a detailed description, their bug will be resolved more quickly because we can get to it faster - there is simply less legwork to get to the issue at hand - it's just human nature.

As I stated earlier, I want this to be a true community. Sometime last week, I spent time making a sample that demonstrates how to retreive more than one quote. I know most of the applications out there have that functionality, but rather than fixing more difficult issues, I was making a simple demo for a specific user because no one put a sample up for me. I think we would all agree that my time would be better spend getting to the bottom of the difficult stuff, rather than simple demos. Again, as convaluted as it is, my point is that if you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Working...
X