efs on daily chart looking into intraday data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efs on daily chart looking into intraday data

I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this!

I am using efs on daily charts, and my time template is set to load 5 years of data.
    So far so good.

Now, I want my efs (that is running on the daily chart) to look into intraday data (60 minute moving averages) within this 5 year period.
    efs seems to only go back a couple of months on intraday searching within a daily chart.

Thank you for any assistance, I am getting a huge headache on this one!

Andreas

PS I do have access to the extended intraday data (when I use an intraday chart and an appropriate time template, all data is loaded ok.

Re: efs on daily chart looking into intraday data

Andreas
    Set the Time Template used in that chart to load the required amount of intraday data for the type of interval [either using the Intraday Default or specifying the Interval itself] that will match the number of daily bars.
    Alex

Originally posted by amouseos
    I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me with this!

I am using efs on daily charts, and my time template is set to load 5 years of data.
    So far so good.

Now, I want my efs (that is running on the daily chart) to look into intraday data (60 minute moving averages) within this 5 year period.
    efs seems to only go back a couple of months on intraday searching within a daily chart.

Thank you for any assistance, I am getting a huge headache on this one!

Andreas

PS I do have access to the extended intraday data (when I use an intraday chart and an appropriate time template, all data is loaded ok.

Comment

Alexi, thanks a lot for your reply.

I must be missing something - I am trying to:
      a. load 5 years of daily bars on my daily chart (let's say 250 bars a year, ie 1250 bars to load in total), and
      b. at the same time I need my efs to check in the background for 5 years of 60-minute data (let's say 10 bars per day, so 12.500 bars).

I want all this on a daily chart.
      I tried various combinations in the Time template, but nothing seems to work. Could you possibly tell me exactly what to put in the fields?

Thanks a lot
      Andreas

Comment

Andreas
        Create a Time Template and in it add a User Defined entry for the daily interval [ie D] and set it to load 1250 Days. Then in the same Time Template set the Intraday Default to also load 1250 Days or alternatively create a User Defined entry for the 60 minute interval and set it to load 1250 Days.
        For information on Time Templates and examples on how to use them see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
        Alex

Alexi, thanks a lot for your reply.

I must be missing something - I am trying to:
        a. load 5 years of daily bars on my daily chart (let's say 250 bars a year, ie 1250 bars to load in total), and
        b. at the same time I need my efs to check in the background for 5 years of 60-minute data (let's say 10 bars per day, so 12.500 bars).

I want all this on a daily chart.
        I tried various combinations in the Time template, but nothing seems to work. Could you possibly tell me exactly what to put in the fields?

Thanks a lot
        Andreas

Comment

Well, that was easy!

I never realised that this is the reason you are allowed to have multiple entries under one time template.
          I feel a bit sheepish, but a much happier lamb.

Alex, thank you very much once more!

Andreas

Comment

Andreas
            You are welcome
            Alex

Well, that was easy!

I never realised that this is the reason you are allowed to have multiple entries under one time template.
            I feel a bit sheepish, but a much happier lamb.

Alex, thank you very much once more!

Andreas

Comment

Working...
            X