EMA crossover Strategy help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMA crossover Strategy help

Hello all, I am using the Formula Wizard to try to accomplish a trade strategy that I want to test. I apply the formula and only one side of the formula is executed. What I am trying to do is enter a long trade ONLY when the 10 ema crosses above the 20 ema. I also want to exit the trade when the slow stochastic crosses in overbought territory and not enter a trade again until the emas cross or touch again. the short entry would be the exact opposite. I have attached the file, and what is happening is only the Long trade is being executed and it will re-enter because the condition that caused the entry is still true. Please help me.
    Attached Files

Solution...

The only thing you needed to add was a variable to track the "last trade" direction and then reset it when it met your conditions. I have added this to your code and now you can continue to develop it.

The only other suggestion I would make is your EXIT signals. The Stos often don't cross below 20 or above 80. They may cross in the middle range. So you might need to remove your ">80" or "<20" conditions.

Brad
    Attached Files
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thank you for yout help, the trades are still exiting the same way they were, and they are not entering shorts at all, why are the longs overriding the shorts?

Comment

re-load the EFS...

After re-loading the EFS file into my ES M3 2 minute chart, I'm getting trades...

Long 7:10 AM - Exited 7:20 AM
        Short 7:30 AM - Exited 7:36 AM
        Long 8:00 AM - Exited 8:02 AM
        Long 8:50 AM - Exited 9:02 AM

The fact that this system is not running well in RT (as the market trades) and is working perfectly in backtest, means there are issues with the logic of the file...

I will take a look at it...

Brad
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
        X