Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build 523 some notes on the FW

Notes on Formula Tool:

This is a good improvment on the old wizard. Some nice steps forward. Still needs a bit of work.

1) Nice interface. Very nice idea on how to show price vs non-price study

2) Data Plots.
    a) This maybe should be moved to the end of the wizard...this more closely resembles how users

think and also users very well might change their minds on what to display as they are building the

formulas.
    b) Nuther small nit - can the heading "bar stylee" be changed to "line style" whenever a

non-price study is selected
    c) For line style, color, thickness and plot type - a preview box showing what the selections

look like would be nice.

3) Formula configuration - I like the fact I can go back and edit what I just did. I'm always worried

with wizards that I will have to start all over if I make a mistake (many work that way).

4) Studies Used/Function Editor
    a) It looks like there is a pull down for users to select if they want a price based study, or

for the study to be based on output from other formula's. Rather than having to understand what the

paramters are for each study and look it over, why not just allow users to select from "input from price"

or "input from another study"?

5) Conditional Sets
    a) This is pretty good. A help window that describes the action would be nice...also, I noticed

that when I made changes to the study's I had defined above, that the formula window changed the name in

the Studies Used window, but didn't reflect the changes in the variable names in the condiditional sets.

I had code that wasn't doing anything, but not giving me errors either. It took me a while to figure out

what happened (I had to look through the generated code - though if I had been paying enough attention I

should have been able to figure it out from the wizard. At a minimum some wort of warning should pop up

if I have conditional sets based on variable names that are changed due to edits done on the study

functions, best yet would be prompts if I want the old names changed to the new.

b) When editing a study that I have already defined (using edit), it populates the edit box with

some default settings, but some with the values from the already defined study (eg: If I have an MA of a

MACD and I click edit to change the length of the MA, the existing Length shows up, but it changes the

MACD data serries ID back to FAST even if it was set to something else before). All paramters in the

edit box should reflect what the current definition is for the study.

c) The logical setting for all conditionals in one data set is currently an "and". It would be

nice to support "or" as well, and mixing of "ands" and "ors".

6) Save As button gives me a pop-up that has an "open" rather than "save" button. It seems to do the

right thing though, so this is only cosmetic.

7)It would be nice if you allows us to select the color fg and bg for the title.
    Garth
Working...
X