Tick indicator study ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tick indicator study ?

Can someone help me build a simple indicator that tracks the tick using a line rather than a bar ?
    Thanks

Hello sgrabs,

Try changing your chart type to "Line." Is this what you needed?

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Im sorry , i meant study...

Sorry Jason, yes you are obviously correct that changing to line would suffice. I found your study for tick extremes, but i was hoping to get a study that had the tick as a line study.

Thanks again.
      sg

Comment

Hello sgarbs,

Try this out. I modified the TickExtremes.efs to draw the close of the $Tick as a line by changing line 12 to a plot type of "PLOTTYPE_LINE" from "PLOTTYPE_FLATLINES."

line 12: setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE, 2);

TickExtremesLine.efs

Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason

Is there any way to get rid of the ohl & only use the close point as the plot point in the line ?

Comment

Sure, try this one.

TickExtremesLine2.efs
            Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

tick extremes on tick charts

hi,

love the tick extremes efs on minute charts.
              it just doesn't want to do it on tick charts. the bars in the efs display are all the same length going from about + 1000 to -1000 !?!
              the last and close work, just as soon as a new bar is drawn it gets the HL of about +- 1000.
              any idea ?

Comment

Hello Matt,

I'm not sure I understand the problem. On a tick interval, the open, high, low and close will all be the same value. So you shouldn't see any HL bars on a tick interval.

This image is using TickExtremes.efs. Are we talking about the same formula? Please post an image of what you are seeing so I can have a better understanding of the problem.
                Jason K.
                Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

hi jason,

I guess I wasn't too clear. here is an image of 5 min bar on the es. I'll post a 800t es right after. not sure it will fit into this message. the 800 tick chart is "close" to a 5 min chart. yet the tick extremes efs looks totally different.
                  Attached Files

Comment

here is the 800 tick image.

thanks
                    Attached Files

Comment

Adv $tick study help ?

Hi guys...
                      I am trying to do the following:

Im using a 110 tic interval for my symbol (es u3) & want to get the $tick on the study pane where it has the following attributes:

1. In the form of a histogram
                      2. Bar colors :Orange when >500< reading; Green>500 & Red <500.
                      3. When $ticki reading is +/- 24 : Allow the same $tick Bar to spike Blue from the $tick reading level up to 1000 or if negative -down to -1000.

4. $tick interval is independent of Symbol interval and only creates new bar for each reading. So if symbol (es u3)has high volume ... it will have multiple 110tic bars without any new $tick bar in the study pane - essentially leaving gaps & bunching depending upon the symbols volume.

I guess thats it ... i hope im not asking for a miracle - but the tickextremes.efs doesnt allow for number 4 above. It seems to be tied in with the 120 tic interval which defeats the purpose of what im trying to do - which is measure spikes in volume.

Thanks
                      sg

Comment

hi jason,

did you have a chance yet to look at my images ? I would love to use it for tick intervals. hope you find a fix.

thanks

ps.
                        sg your idea sounds intriguing.

Comment

intriguing but not do-able i guess ...

<Matt
                          I wish i had listened to my mom & become a javascript programmer :-)
                          Im kinda helpless in this arena & the wizard doesnt work too well with this type of complication.

I guess ill have to stick with ticki extremes in 1 min rather than in a 110 tic interval (it doesnt work).

Comment

Hello Matt,

I think the formula, TickExtremes.efs is working properly on a 800T interval. Bring up a chart of $TICK with an 800T interval and then apply the formula. The HLC from the formula is matching the HLC data of $TICK in the price window.

I think that your 800T interval doesn't really match up well with a 5 min interval. If you look at the start times of the price bars of $TICK on the 800T interval, each bar is covering well over an hour.

Looks to me like a 50T interval is closer to the 5 min interval. Compare two charts, one with a 50T and the other on a 5 min. Notice the bar times are much closer and consequently the HLC pattern is much closer. Hope this helps.

Jason K.
                            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
                            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

hi jason,

I guess I've created a little bit of a confusion.
                              my image is a 800 tick chart of the s+p emini.
                              a 800 tick es chart is somewhere between 2-3 minutes at the open and 5-8 minutes at the close.
                              so a comparison of a 5 min es chart and a 700 or 800 tick es chart is making sense .
                              if you have a strong up bar in the es using 800 ticks it may only take 1 minute or less, yet the tickextremes gives me quite often a high low reading of +and - 1000 for that 1 minute bar !
                              there is no way you have a low of - 1000 reading during a strong up move.
                              if you look at my charts you can clearly see that the es 800 tick interval has a lot of +-1000 tickextremes readings with a strong up or down candle. no such thing with the 5 min es chart.
                              just to reiterate I am not using $tick as a symbol. so there is no 1 hour bars.
                              hope this ramble is a bit more clear.

thanks for listening

Comment

Working...
                              X