Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CVD Indicator: This was featured in a Publication, can it be built?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CVD Indicator: This was featured in a Publication, can it be built?

On Page 36 of the December Active Trader Magazine, is the CVD: Cumulative Volume Delta indicator. I am a volume guy, but not a programmer. I have searched this all over the other forums, but haven't quite found it. It is similar to OBV, but adds when a trade is at ask, and subtracts when it is at bid. Much better than OBV which groups all the volume depending on just the closing bar price.

Can this be built? Is just one line similar to obv, just different calculations.

thank you

I'd be interested in this as well

Comment

I have not seen the article but, based on your description, it sounds very similar to the bid-ask volume script that Jason K put together a few months back. Do a search for "bid ask volume" on this bulletin board and you should be able to find it.

Chris

Comment

I believe I took a look. However, on the magazine, they were able to get data from the past to make the study usable. However, on the formula, it only starts to get the data the moment you turn on the chart. I wonder how the magazine was able to use this indicator

Comment

Hello Whirl,

Historical bid/ask data is not available in the EFS environment at this time. Please feel free to submit a request for this to [email protected].
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

cvd

JasonK, I think you did an indicator called BidAsk Volume that starts collecting data at the time you turn it on. Could you do a modified version of this to turn it into an oscillator? I think that would come close to the CVD.
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X