Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Automating a study (due to its short time positions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automating a study (due to its short time positions)

Dear All, seeing as this is my first post Ill thank current/previous input from the Community here at eSignal (customers & company)

But to get to the point I writing to try and discover the "elements" required to automate (an existing study of mine)

- automate definition here being to have your broker window open and eSignal open with your EFS logic study loaded up And as bars in real time get filled the EFS views the values for your varioous indicators and implementing your previously created study's logic enters you via your integrated broker into a trade, and remains there till one of your exit signals is triggered either limit or stops or if fully recursive reverses you out of the current trade and into the next reversed position -

To avoid confusion but risk verbiage Ill add, as mentioned I have studied the instrument for the a time frame and backtested the efs fomula with respectable results, well for me anyway, but to trade real time or even to paper trade it requires either as many hours as humanly possibly monitoring the intrument's price, (over days, weeks this could be easily be massively demotivating/selfdefeating?) Or have the computer do the monitoring, act on the results, therefore enabling someone to dedicate their time to evaluating the results, having studied and developed -small d- the logic.

Lastly, I should mention I have searched through Knowledgebase and forums, found only some relvent material, back in 2002 some more recent, may be my faulty filtering, but either the articles the Administrators had referenced had their links long cut, or the then method involved contracting a another company called Dyna which after reading their thread Im loath to. Besides am I not with the Best provider already - eSignal - surely this issue has been hammered out a dozen times by now.

Thanking you in advance,

Yours Sincerely,

FX Ryan
Working...
X