Using a study's return value in multiple places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a study's return value in multiple places

In my eSignal backtesting activities I use the ROC(1) indicator to produce trading signals. I have on the chart that I backtest on the ROC(1) and ROC(3) indicators in a lower pane, but for my backtesting that uses ROC(1), I recalculate ROC(1) for every bar in my backtest.efs even though it has already been calculated by ROC.efs and is residing in the lower pane. I would not like to do this recalculation in backtest.efs because it has already been calculated in ROC.efs and is thus inefficient to calculate it again. Here are problem-illustrating images:

My ROC.efs file calculates ROC(1) and ROC(3) and these are placed in the lower pane of the chart:

My backtest.efs file calculates ROC(1) again such to use ROC(1) values for trade signal generation, but this is not efficient if backtest.efs could be using the values already calculated by ROC.efs:

My eSignal chart:

Is there a way to calculate an indicator once, such as an indicator residing in a lower pane, and then use its values directly in a separate EFS file such as a backtest, thus saving from having to calculate the indicator twice?
Working...
X