Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi is there an EFS that simply plot price.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi is there an EFS that simply plot price.....

is there an EFS that simply plots price as a study? I just wish to have a simple line chart of price as a study so I can overlay other indicators over it like stochastics and others?

Thanks

Al

Re: Reply to post 'Hi is there an EFS that simply plot price.....'

Al
    I think this does what you want.
    Alex

PHP Code:
    function preMain() {

setPriceStudy(false);

setStudyTitle("Close");

setCursorLabelName("Close"0);

setDefaultBarStyle(PS_SOLID0);

setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.black0);

setDefaultBarThickness(20);

setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE0);
    }

function 
    main() {
         return 
    close();

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot that does what I want. But.....

I tried to drag overlay MACD over the price and it seemed to squash price up into the top of the scale. Is there a way to plot MACD ( or any study) over price( or over the price study of price that you just posted for me so that you can see divergences?

For example if price rises but macd does not as much it would be very easy to see it if macd was overlaid directly on top of the price rather than just have macd underneath as a study on its own?

Is this possible to do?

Thanks

Al

Comment

kind of like this picture

this picture:
        Attached Files

Comment

There is a divergence.efs that does what u want. There are 2 studies bullish and bearish divergence studies.

Here is the link
          http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...er=&groupid=10

Kiri
          Last edited by akiri; 01-20-2003, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Add left y-axis scale

Trader Al,

The problem is that eSignal does not have a left-side y-axis scale, so when two studies with dissimilar scales are combined in the same pane, one or the other study is flat-lined. Maybe there's an EFS workaround solution, but I'm not aware of it.

Comment

The problem is that eSignal does not have a left-side y-axis scale, so when two studies with dissimilar scales are combined in the same pane, one or the other study is flat-lined. Maybe there's an EFS workaround solution, but I'm not aware of it.
              There is, and it is fairly simple, but it can take a bit of extra CPU.
              Just scale the price of the symbol to be within bounds of the study. This is easiest to do with studies like RSI that have set range they move in, but you can still do it with others.

Interate through the price and find the highest high and the lowest low, while also fiding the highs and lows on the indicator. Then calc the ratio of ranges and ues that as the multiple to price.

Remember that as the price actions goes higher than the last high or lower than the last low that the indicator data might start looking squashed (or the otehr way around for those indicators that don't play in a set range), but that can be fixed by reloading the formula. Also, it shouldn't be an issue **MOST** of the time with longer interval intraday charts, or charts whith a lot of intraday data.
              Garth

Comment

Thanks

Thanks a lot for all your replies.

Al

Comment

Working...
                X