Entitlement file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitlement file

I have added an entitlement file to my efs. The file is located on eSignal central. All but one of the users have no trouble with accessing it and being authorized to use the formula.

I obtained the username and password from the user that is having trouble and when I use his information, I am able to load the efs and be authorized to run it. This leads me to believe that it is user error, but I still wanted to follow up...

The user is in England, is there a chance this could be contributing to the problem ? Are there any firewall considerations that need to be attended to for access to esignalcentral ?

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated !

Thanks - Have a great day -
    Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,

I've heard of a similar problem once before. The solution was to add double forward slashes in the url string. See this post for more details. Give this a try and let me know if this solves the problem.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason. I did see that thread and double checked my code to ensure that the double slash was in fact in there.

Still having the problem.
      THANKS !
      Jennifer

Comment

You can also ...

Try using my MENT ENABLEMENT feature (on www.efs-tools.com). It provides a couple of additional benefits for users such as..

Ability to offer FREE TRIALS.
        Unlimited number of EFS Products
        Max 25 Users (with the Free Account)
        Automated Expiration Dates for users/products
        Automatic "Trial" signup screens.

It works the same way you are using the AddEntitlement() feature now, but offers a bit more..

B
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Hello Jennifer,

Brad's enablement system is certainly an option. I tested it a while back, it works well. As for your efs code, I don't think its the problem, since we know its working for your other entitled users. Are you sure that the user name in your entitlement file is the exact user name in the clients version of eSignal? Double check the user name in the data manager under File-->Properties. Other than that, it could possibly be related to a security setting. What is the browser security level set to? Is the esignalcentral.com or share.esignal.com domain listed under their restricted sites? Is the user behind any firewalls etc.? See if the user can browse the esignalcentral or file share sites through their browser. You might also see if they can try the study from a different pc at another location.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
          X