• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after EFS install - says # Formula Error #

Hi

so i installed a EFS file that was sent to me via email -

after EFS install - says # Formula Error # in the REMOVE

like this = SIGNAL_INDICATOR.EFS # Formula Error #

This is a fomula that goes OVER price .. just gives up/down arrow signals.

When i install from "formulas" it installs below price, like where the occilators go .. So i press the Shift Key and Drag indicator to the price bars - still no luck.

** generally when a program that is intended - to load "over price" will do this automaticly ? Right ?

* also i seen a SYNTAX ERROR somewhere yesterday - do not see it today

oh .. one more thing .. the file came as ALL caps .. does that matter ? ? INDICATOR.EFS

Thanks in Advance Gents !!after EFS install - says # Formula Error # in the REMOVE

dellitron1
    As I indicated in my reply to you in this thread the error message is due to some error in the formula itself.
    For anyone to be able to offer some assistance you will need to post the code (or the efs itself)
    Alex

Comment

dellitron1
      To answer your other questions

When i install from "formulas" it installs below price, like where the occilators go ..
      That is because the formula is set to plot as a non-price indicator

** generally when a program that is intended - to load "over price" will do this automaticly ? Right ?
      That is correct. If the formula was set to display in the price pane then it will do so on its own

oh .. one more thing .. the file came as ALL caps .. does that matter ? ? INDICATOR.EFS
      That should not matter
      Alex

Comment

Indicator -Syntax ERROR - Line 1

Hi

This is the error message i see when i open

Formula Output Window:

INDICATOR_NAME_EFS ,

Line 1: Syntax Error: illegal character:
        PK III

How can I edit this error on Line 1 - will it point out the
        on the line exactly where the error is ?

Where can i edit this ? Tools > EFS .. then what

Thanks Much in advance.

Comment

dellitron1
          To edit the efs select Tool-> EFS-> Editor then in the Editor window open the efs.
          All lines are numbered in the Editor so you should be able to locate the line with the error.
          Without seeing the efs it is not possible to provide any specific suggestion as to what is required to fix it.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X