Subject: Auto-clearing the popup Triggered Alert List ... sort of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject: Auto-clearing the popup Triggered Alert List ... sort of

Although the popup Triggered Alert List can be cleared of alerts by right clicking on it and then clicking on "Clear Alert List", I've found this somewhat distracting. I'm a firm believer in the merits of staying in what Csikszentmihalyi refers to as the "flow state" during trading sessions where nothing exists for me but myself and the screens. This means minimizing any actions other than analyzing the situation and placing trades. To this end I've incorporated AlertOncePerBar.efs into my studies so only the first tick that satisfies the conditions will trigger an alert and not the following thirty or forty ticks that may appear before a one minute e-mini bar closes. But even these once per minute alerts accumulate and periodically need to be cleared. One way of doing this automatically is to insert a "blank" alert(s) triggered at the start of every new bar. For example:

if(getBarState() == BARSTATE_NEWBAR) {
    Alert.addToList(getSymbol(""), "", Color.white, Color.white);}

This essentially whites out the previous alert. In the trading method I'm using now I can receive up to four alerts at any given time. So I've set the popup Triggered Alerts window's "Maximum Number of Alerts" to four and inserted four copies of the above line of code into one of my studies BEFORE my regular alerts. This generates four white out alerts at the beginning of every bar clearing the window. Just a thought.

Mike
Working...
X