X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vwap formula not working

hello
    I am an esignal 10 r3 user.
    I recently downloaded the "amvwap2.efs" study to my formulas folder.
    along with it I downloaded the "amstudies.efslib" library to my "functionlibrary" folder.
    when i try to load the amvwap2 studyi get a formula error notification that tells me ".dowanloads\amvwap2.efs, line 46: formula file not found : amsdudies.efslib "
    I can't resolve this error, so far I tried to uninstall and reinstall my esignal.
    Thanks for any help

Re: vwap formula not working

oferei
    I just ran the same process you described and as far as I can see the formula is working properly without returning any errors using version 10r3.
    The first thing you need to check is if you downloaded the amStudies.efsLib file to the FunctionLibrary folder that was already in the eSignal folder. Then make sure that you did not inadvertently download a copy of the amStudies.efsLib file to the same folder to which you download the amVWAP2.efs file. The best way to check this is to use the Search for File or Folders tool of your operating system and look for amStudies.efsLib. There should only be one copy of it and it should be in Program Files/eSignal/FunctionLibrary folder (assuming you used the defaults when installing eSignal)
    Alex

Originally posted by oferei
    hello
    I am an esignal 10 r3 user.
    I recently downloaded the "amvwap2.efs" study to my formulas folder.
    along with it I downloaded the "amstudies.efslib" library to my "functionlibrary" folder.
    when i try to load the amvwap2 studyi get a formula error notification that tells me ".dowanloads\amvwap2.efs, line 46: formula file not found : amsdudies.efslib "
    I can't resolve this error, so far I tried to uninstall and reinstall my esignal.
    Thanks for any help

Comment

I have done what you said and all the files are in their right plsces. (I olso doubled checked the names to verify I have downloaded the right ones).
      it stills gives me the same error messege.
      thanks for your help

Comment

oferei
        I have repeated the process on three different computers and both the formula and the library are working at my end so I feel relatively confident that the issue is not within those files.
        FWIW the error message indicates that the library file cannot be found at the location in which it is expected to be.
        At this point you need to provide further details such as how you are downloading these files and to what folders (including their paths), what browser you are using and any other information (symbol and interval used, chart type, etc) that may help in trying to replicate the problem. Any screenshots illustrating the above may also help.
        Alex

Originally posted by oferei
        I have done what you said and all the files are in their right plsces. (I olso doubled checked the names to verify I have downloaded the right ones).
        it stills gives me the same error messege.
        thanks for your help

Comment

vwap not working

I just followed the instructions and am using 10.4. It has the same page load error. is there any additional information on making this work?

Comment

Just a thought. I see you listed the Program Fires directory. On Vista 64, that should be Program Files (x86).

Comment

Question. I am using amVWAP.efs. You state amVWAP2.efs. What are the differences?

Comment

Working...
              X