• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few EFS questions...

1. Are these statements functionally equivalent:
    isLastBarOnChart();
    (getCurrentBarIndex() == 0);

2. Is there a function to program a delay? (Suspends execution of code for given number of milliseconds)

3. Where can I find info about ALL functions available in EFS? In some downloades efs files I have found functions which are not documented anywhere, yet seem to work, such as:
    getTextWidth(), getTextHeight(), drawTextPixel().

Thanks!

Re: A few EFS questions...

Originally posted by SmoothOperator
    3. Where can I find info about ALL functions available in EFS? In some downloades efs files I have found functions which are not documented anywhere, yet seem to work, such as:
    getTextWidth(), getTextHeight(), drawTextPixel().

Thanks!
    Please visit the EFS Help Center and Library for all our documented EFS reference material and let us know if it addresses your questions.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: Re: A few EFS questions...

Originally posted by ScottJ
      Please visit the EFS Help Center and Library for all our documented EFS reference material and let us know if it addresses your questions.

Thanks.
      Thanks, but unfortunately no. I posted these questions after searching the Library...

Comment

Hello SmoothOperator,

Here are a few answers for you.

1. If you are referring to the newest bar in the chart, then you are correct. The current bar being built in real time will always have a bar index of 0. The 2nd youngest bar will be -1, 3rd will be -2 etc.

2. No. Here's a thread that discussed this previously and has a sample formula showing you how to do this.
        TimeOut

3. The folder, "EFS Function Reference," in the EFS Help Center and Library does contain all available EFS functions. If you are looking for a reference of core JavaScript 1.5 functions, please visit the link below.
        Core JavaScript Reference 1.5
        As for getTextWidth(), getTextHeight() and drawTextPixel(), they are new functions released with beta versions that will be added to the EFS Function Reference soon.

For more information about what EFS is, please read the "Introduction to EFS" in the EFS Help Center and Library.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thank you, Jason, for exhaustive answer! That clarifies it for me.

Comment

Working...
          X