setComputeOnClose question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setComputeOnClose question

I'm looking to maximize performance of my EFS scripts as much as possible, since high volume times cause my eSignal to completely freeze (hourglass) for 30 seconds, over a minute, once over 10 minutes! Unacceptable when trading, obviously.

I don't want my EFS scripts to be any part of the problem, so my scripts that don't need to be real-time, I added setComputeOnClose() (great feature!).

However, when looking at my other, real-time scripts in the EFS Performance monitor, I notice that some scripts are run more often than others... perhaps 3:1. What could cause this? Is there a way to reduce this, but not all the way down to "once per bar"? When you edit a study's properties, there is the "recalculation frequency", but this is greyed out for my custom scripts. Is there a way to do something similar from the EFS level? If they are being called once per tick, you'd think all my scripts would have the same "total calls", right? FYI, I have three, intra-day charts and I verified they all have the same indicators.

Thanks!
    Daniel
    eSignal File Share: http://share.esignal.com/groupcontents.jsp?groupid=1130
Working...
X