EFS question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS question

I'm sure this is an extremely basic question, but I'm brand new to Esignal.

I have downloaded a number of free EFS scripts into my Esignal software.

My question is, how do I implement it into all my charts?

For example, one study is called Divergence.efs, and I'm reading the code, but I have no idea what to do with it?

If anyone can advise, this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

As long as the code works well you shouldn't need to look at the code itself.

Just create your own directory in the existing "C:\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas" directory, say, C:\Program Files\eSignal\Formulas\Myformulas".

Then copy into it all the *.efs study files you want to use.

Then, left click on the chart in which you want to load the study, select "Formulas", scroll to the directory name you just created, "Myformulas". Last, select the study name you want to load.

It should then load. If the study pops up an edit menu just click the "Ok" to exit it or edit the parameters as you see fit. I would then save the Chart file to a know location/directory so you can use it as a chart style template.

This will only load the efs on the chart over which you originally left clicked. As far as I know you must load efs studies individually for each chart and cannot globally add a study to all charts.

Once you have a chart with the studies as you like them you can copy the setup to other charts by creating a new default chart, left clicking on it, selecting "Style Templates", then "Load". Now find and select the chart you first created as a template and click "Save". The new chart should now have all the studies of the template chart except the symbol and interval which are not changed by this process.

You can find the new user orientation files at: http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...on/default.asp

Hope it helps.

wayne
    Last edited by waynecd; 02-19-2009, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Whats up Wayne,

Thanks for your instructions, they definitely worked, I can finally see all these custom studies in my charts.

I think you also helped me out before, so I appreciate the chance to continue picking your brain!!! Lol.

Comment

Hi spyder9000,

Good to hear.

wayne

Comment

Working...
        X