Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-the-fly EFS input

Hello,

I'm wondering if I can do on-the-fly inputs in an EFS study.

Right now I have a study that shows me my profit/loss based on my overall position and entry price. To do this, I have set two variables in the EFS -- one for purchase price and one for the number of shares I hold.

What I'd like to do is have the ability to reduce the number of shares held for the situation where I sell some but not all of my position. Right now, I have to go within the EFS to set the variable. I'd like to find a way to click a down arrow or input within a text box directly within the EFS.

thanks

Re: On-the-fly EFS input

DENbdf
    You could use the FunctionParameter Object to create user defined variables that you can change through Edit Studies
    For the description, syntax and examples on how to use this object see the link to the article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by DENbdf
    Hello,

I'm wondering if I can do on-the-fly inputs in an EFS study.

Right now I have a study that shows me my profit/loss based on my overall position and entry price. To do this, I have set two variables in the EFS -- one for purchase price and one for the number of shares I hold.

What I'd like to do is have the ability to reduce the number of shares held for the situation where I sell some but not all of my position. Right now, I have to go within the EFS to set the variable. I'd like to find a way to click a down arrow or input within a text box directly within the EFS.

thanks

Comment

Working...
    X