Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA line not generated for last bar

Hi,

I have a fairly simple EMA study that seems to be producing values correctly for all but the final bar (see attachment).

Above preMain:
    var PMP = new MAStudy(vPMP_Sample, 0, "HL/2", MAStudy.SIMPLE);

var FastEMA_of_PMP = new MAStudy(vFastXAP_Sample, 0, PMP, MAStudy.MA, MAStudy.EXPONENTIAL);

Main:
    var vFastXAP_Current = FastEMA_of_PMP.getValue(MAStudy.MA, 0);

var vFastXAP_Previous = FastEMA_of_PMP.getValue(MAStudy.MA, vFastXAP_LookBack);

if (vFastXAP_Current > (vFastXAP_Previous+vRangeDiff)) {
    setBarFgColor(Color.green,0);
    }

I have tried setComputeOnClose(true) or (false), it makes no difference.

Can anyone help, please?
    Attached Files

Re: MA line not generated for last bar

daborn-fox
    Make sure you do not have the global setting "Make all formulas compute on close..." enabled (see in Tools-> EFS-> Settings)
    Alex

Originally posted by daborn-fox
    Hi,

I have a fairly simple EMA study that seems to be producing values correctly for all but the final bar (see attachment).

Above preMain:
    var PMP = new MAStudy(vPMP_Sample, 0, "HL/2", MAStudy.SIMPLE);

var FastEMA_of_PMP = new MAStudy(vFastXAP_Sample, 0, PMP, MAStudy.MA, MAStudy.EXPONENTIAL);

Main:
    var vFastXAP_Current = FastEMA_of_PMP.getValue(MAStudy.MA, 0);

var vFastXAP_Previous = FastEMA_of_PMP.getValue(MAStudy.MA, vFastXAP_LookBack);

if (vFastXAP_Current > (vFastXAP_Previous+vRangeDiff)) {
    setBarFgColor(Color.green,0);
    }

I have tried setComputeOnClose(true) or (false), it makes no difference.

Can anyone help, please?

Comment

Thank you, I checked and that was not set. I tried setting it, not setting it and both combinations with SetComputeOnClose choices but no combination made a difference.

I now have Make all formulas compute on close disabled (unchecked) and SetComputeOnClose set to true.

Comment

daborn-fox
        Also, the setComputeOnClose() function does not use any parameters [see the article in the EFS KnowledgeBase] so even if you have it as setComputeOnClose(false) the charts will still compute on close only. You need to delete or comment out the statement
        Alex

Comment

Thanks, that's done it. I definately saw an article somewhere with SetComputeOnClose having a parameter but that must have been wrong.

Many thanks for your help!
          Attached Files

Comment

daborn-fox
            You are welcome
            Alex

Originally posted by daborn-fox
            Thanks, that's done it. I definately saw an article somewhere with SetComputeOnClose having a parameter but that must have been wrong.

Many thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X