This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Button" problem with efs and 11.1

I have a number of efs that display buttons on the screen to switch options on and off. In 11.02 this works fine. In 11.1 I can not click the button at all, nothing happens. So I am back to 11.02.

I also noted that the performance was much slower in 11.1, this is the 64bit version with 4GB RAM and a 4 core processor.

Also, in all versions of 11, if you change the title of a subchart, it only stays changed until either the page or esignal is reloaded, then it returns to default. If you then modify the title of one of the subcharts, all the altered titles get reinstated. Annoying.

Re: "Button" problem with efs and 11.1

topcat56

I have a number of efs that display buttons on the screen to switch options on and off. In 11.02 this works fine. In 11.1 I can not click the button at all, nothing happens.
    You need to press the Shift key while clicking efs buttons on the chart.
    Alex

Originally posted by topcat56
    I have a number of efs that display buttons on the screen to switch options on and off. In 11.02 this works fine. In 11.1 I can not click the button at all, nothing happens. So I am back to 11.02.

I also noted that the performance was much slower in 11.1, this is the 64bit version with 4GB RAM and a 4 core processor.

Also, in all versions of 11, if you change the title of a subchart, it only stays changed until either the page or esignal is reloaded, then it returns to default. If you then modify the title of one of the subcharts, all the altered titles get reinstated. Annoying.

Comment

You need to press the Shift key while clicking efs buttons on the chart.
      Where is this documented?

Comment

SteveH
        In the EFS KnowledgeBase articles related to each mouse function
        Alex

Originally posted by SteveH
        Where is this documented?

Comment

Ah, found it. Thanks. I have no problem with the Shift addition as the right-mouse detection collided with the right-mouse menu popup, unless you did it over a button on the chart.

All these 11.x update posts should also be adding notes as to what parts of the EFS have changed with each new release. It's a waste of everyone's collective time to have to manually scan through the KnowledgeBase, looking for the red "Updated" stamp by each article link.

You know, this being 2011 and just about every mouse these days has a middle mouse wheel that also acts as a middle button...you would *think* that it would be a no-brainer to add middle-mouse button logic to the EFS mouse callbacks.

Oh, and I put this one in the "suggestion box" over 3 years ago. The suggestion box is just another name for File 13.

[It would be trivial for even a junior-level C++ programmer to add that middle mouse button logic to the eSignal code base...absolutely trivial]

Comment

Working...
          X