Different time frames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different time frames

Is it possible to have a small box on the price graph to tell me the direction of different oscillators if they were pointing up down or flat .for eg

If i wanted to see the direction of cci on a 60, 30 15 min time frame and the box would tell me if the stoch was pointing updwn or flat could this be done

Would really appreciate this

Many thanks

sry there was a misprint below it should read cci instead of stoch

Comment

Hello silverxx12,

The easiest way to accomplish this would require separate formulas running on separate charts with the other time frames you want to analyze. Each of those formulas would then pass some information to the formula global space, or universal globals, using the setGlobalValue(name, value) function. Then in your main chart you would use the getGlobalValue(name) function to retrieve the information and use one of the drawing functions to indicate the direction of the other time frames.

This method of course won't give you historical information, but it can collect the information real time and store it going forward to build a real time history.

Give it a shot, it's really a pretty simple routine. If you need some help, post your code.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

WOW jason thats sounds way over my head i didnt understand anything you said ,however what i did gather if im not mistaken is that you must have all the different time frame charts open and only then the efs will work.Is there no way that the efs can work without other charts being open ie having one chart say an 8 min and other higher time frame indicators will be displayed as pointing up or down

Many thanks

Ps sry if i misunderstood you but i have no knowledge whatsoever about this efs stuff

Comment

Hello silverxx12,

You seem to understand the gist of it. The method I described is only one way to skin your cat. Do a search on "Multiple time frame*" and you'll find many more discussions on the topic. Try this thread for starters.

To do what you want is possible but more difficult than the method I described. Check out MAinterval5.efs in the link above for an idea of what you would need to do. If this is not something you plan to tackle yourself, you'll need the assistance of one the EFS consultants listed in the EFS KB.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
          X