Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eSignal crashes after EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs sends order to IB and will not come back up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demarcog
    replied
    LetUsLearn,

Thank you for the very helpful response. You may very well be on to something as I have not auto traded in about a month and during that month or so I upgraded from R12 to R14.

This fails so consistently simply executing the eSignal provided Trade functions which I have not touched. I am starting to wonder if anyone is using this product for AT, and what kind of QA testing is done?

I'm down since Sunday and just got a link from Avery who is always extremely knowledgeable and helpful so apparently the investigation into the problem has not even begun.

I will work on your suggestions as always thank you very much for the help.

glen

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Avery

I mentioned in my last post I emailed then to you yesterday morning.

I also uploaded them to the link you provided just now...

Leave a comment:

• eSignal_AveryH
    replied
    Hi Glenn,

Here a link that you can upload your pages and the EFS you're using

https://share.theice.com/ul/NQ6Z4TBu29.

Leave a comment:

• LetUsLearn
    replied
    Glen,

I use the auto-updating 64 bit Windows version 972.2a of Interactive Brokers TWS along with eSignal 12.12 and I don’t have any problems. Maybe you should try to uninstall both Interactive Brokers TWS and eSignal (I think that it won’t delete your formulas, pages, or workspaces…NO promises on that!) and then reinstalling the above. Afterwards connect eSignal to TWS and use eSignal’s IB TWS plugin to see if you can place a trade, if that works you’ll know that there’s no problem with that. Next you load your program and use that to trade and if it crashes, then you’ll know that you have an issue with your program and you can focus on that.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Avery,

I tried to upload the workspace and it failed as I cannot upload files with extensions of .ews or .data for the workspaces.

I renamed the workspace to .txt and it's larger the allowable 1mb limit.

I uploaded the pages there are only a few charts in each page and only two pages in the newly created workspace.

There are size issues with the EFS also and there is a function library I emailed them to you.

It fails immediately and consistently with any order sent to IB and the order get's filled and the message flashes in the lower right so don't think it's an EFS issue.

I'm just executing the functions in the eSignal supplied EFS_AT that's been used for years now and never caused an issue.

Thanks for the help.

glen
    Attached Files
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-20-2020, 03:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eSignal_AveryH
    replied
    Hi Glenn,

To better assist you with this issue and as it states in the guidelines of the EFT Forum (attached below) please provide a copy of the affected pages/workspace and a copy of the EFS file.

When posting about a potential bug, please also provide a complete working EFS example and all the steps necessary to replicate the issue, including chart setup, symbol, interval, time template, etc. If possible, please include pages, screenshots that may help in further illustrating the issue. Please use the following format in the subject title:
    Bug: function_name() - Description of issue
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Avery was kind enough to let me know that Autotrading issues such as the one I've been having are handled through this forum and not technical support.

He indicated if the post was not responded to that he would send the link to them.

Thank you for the help Avery you always come through.
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-22-2020, 09:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Unfortunately when I followed the instructions and rebuild a new page in a new workspace the same problem occurs and I am unable to get eSignal to come up when IB is up.

I did try it on an older level R13 and it failed with the older TWS version. I upgraded to R14 still failed. Upgraded to TWS 978 with R14 still failed

Rebuild the pages withiin a new workspace still fails.

Deleted the IB Broker and rebuilt that no help.

eSignal and IB was intergated and working with the few anomalies I described but was able to send orders to IB from eSignal.

As soon as a EFS autotrade order got filled eSignal crashed immediately and the weird thing is it will not come back up as long as IB is up.

I changed the Global Port number on the IB Global API setting and rebooted and have IB and eSignal up but not communicating.

[email protected]
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-22-2020, 09:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Heard back early this evening from Client Support who wrote the following:

Hmm, this sounds like the issue here could be your page. Try to build a new workspace and page. Don't open the eSignal from the desktop, open the main.page from the page folder in this directory "Documents\Interactive Data\eSignal\Pages" when signal open up make a new workspace and new page. Rebuild the page from there. Please give a call or come in live chat so we can farther troubleshoot your issue.

Client Support

I followed SaAng's instructions, not sure why my original pages had to be rebuilt and will ask. Hopefully this will move things forward. Thank you SaAng.

I'm also now having two issues I've never seen before not sure if it's the R14 AND/OR TWS 978 issue and they both issues may be related.

When I click Buy or Sell move the cursor over the chart normally for a SELL for example when the cursor is above the current price is will display SELL LIMIT, once the sell cursor is moved below the current price it automatically becomes a SELL STOP as by definition a SELL ORDER is define as a LIMIT or STOP in relation to where it is relative to the current market price. Sell Limit above the market, Sell Stop.

When the cursor is moved below the price is remains a LIMIT which is incorrect and I've never seen that happen before and is a nasty problem as instead of my stop getting set a limit order goes in and immediately executes as LIMIT means sell at this price or better and when this price is below the market you get the better higher price and you are unfortunately out of the trade.

The next issue is when I try and Buy at Bid, no order goes out and a second click of Buy at Bid issues a message in the lower right indicating the order is failing as broker quote information cannot be obtained. I'm not using IB's price data feed only eSignals.

The other weird thing is in Broker Manager Trading Order Defaults for some CME/GLOBEX contracts like the NQ and ES I cannot specify TIF as GTC and only day order but for the RTY I can specify GTC. It may have something to do with having previously using IBALGO as the destination exchange but I removed and remapped the symbols..

glen
    Attached Files
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-19-2020, 07:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Others may be interested in tracking this issue.

I put in the forum post Sunday night.

I sent an email to [email protected].

I sent an email to [email protected] and received this response:

Hello Glen,

Thank you for the email. I would recommend for now revert back to an older version 12.13.

Client Support
    ICE Data Services

[email protected]

Don't understand the response as they are telling me to upgrade to R14 when I mentioned I was on R14.

The problem occurs and still occurs on both versions and eSignal is effectively down for several days.

I responded pointing out that the problem occurred on an older version.

Stay tuned...
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-22-2020, 09:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eSignal crashes after EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs sends order to IB and will not come back up!

I was testing a new strategy using the Micro Stock Index symbols MNQ, MYM, MES and M2K and as soon as a trade is sent to IB I see and hear the "Order Executed" indications: and eSignal immediately crashes and does not pop up the enter crash Information dialog box and continues to crash every time it's starrted.

I then upgraded eSignal to R14 and IB TWS offline version 978 and the problem still occurs (running Windows 10, with the latest upgrade).

At the present time eSignal and IB cannot be connected, eSignal crashes every time as soon as IB is connected,very disconcerting.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there any additional information needed by eSignal support to investigate this problem?

Thank you.

glen
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-17-2020, 07:35 PM.
Working...
X