Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eSignal crashes after EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs sends order to IB and will not come back up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• demarcog
    replied
    Avery,

After redefining the e micro symbols, executing a trade for symbol MYM M20 crashed eSignal and restarting with IB connected or not connected caused it to crash again.

I had to reboot, start eSignal and then logon to TWS.

Not sure why it's only that one ECBOT symbol.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Hi Avery,

This morning I was connected to IB manually entering orders in TWS, entered a trade for MYM M20 which was filled and eSignal crashed.

eSignal would also not come back and continued crashing (without the "Tell eSignal what happened" screen) until I logged off TWS.

Just wanted to let you know. I am going to try and delete and redefine the symbols.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Hi Avery,

Thank you for the response I really appreciate your assistance.

eSignal itself crashes without the "Tell eSignal what happened" screen. In using the product for 15+ years I can probably count on one hand the number of times eSignal crashed and never without the "Tell eSignal what happened" screen. It is one of the most reliable and robust products ever created IMHO. Which is why I wanted to report and document as best as I could.

I reinstalled a fresh copy but apparently whatever got "corrupted" in my IB plug in configuration was carried forward via the Backup/Restore process.

Everything is fine as long as I'm not sending orders for the e micro symbols, MYM M20 and M2K M20..

If I'm the only person having the problem then perhaps it's some idiosyncratic combination of parameters I'm using.

I tend to doubt it and was concerned that others would also have the problem.

With IB eliminating intra day margin I'm going to start using Ameritrade for execution going forward and for now avoid the e-micros.

Thanks for the help and if there is anything you need from me don't hesitate.

glen

Leave a comment:

• eSignal_AveryH
    replied
    I made 8 trades scaling in on a short position and then reversing and scaling up on 4 contracts and selling out. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Before going further, does it crash eSignal or the plug-in? Are you getting the Tell eSignal what happen screen that you email off? if so did you sent the report back?

Leave a comment:

• eSignal_AveryH
    replied
    Hi Glen,
    Thank you for the report and we're sorry to hear your eSignal is crashing, We've tested all the micro symbol (MYM, MES, MNQ) and unable to duplicate. I'll continue to look investigate hoping to find something.

As a side note. Since this is a Integrated Trading issue not EFS Auto Trading we'd request that you post on the proper Plug-in & Integrated Trading forum to keep the group separate.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    eSignal is crashing again and will not come back up when IB TWS is up and running.

The problem occurred on a brand new laptop, with the latest version of windows, eSignal and TWS.

It occurred when manually entering a Buy at Bid for the an e-micro MYM M20 symbol.

Not related to auto-trading in any way as previously thought.

Only happens on the e-micro symbols.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    I uninstalled and reinstalled R14 and trades are going to IB successfully again.

Thank you Avery and Alexis for the help.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Alexis,

Thank you for the clarification.

The post only stated "eSignal 12" how is one to know if that is Version 12 or Release 12 without the customary Vxx.Rxx or xx.xx?

I did not realize that EFS Automated Trading is still in Beta...after 7 years.

As always I very much appreciate you assistance as now I have a probable resolution to my problem.

Thank you,

glen
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-27-2020, 09:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ACM
    replied
    Glen

The link you included is a procedure to upgrade from R12 to R14 which I do not understand as I AM ALREADY RUNNING R14 as I mentioned several times.
    The article Avery directed you to is not "a procedure to upgrade from R12 to R14" as you state. It is the procedure to clean uninstall eSignal 12 which is the version of eSignal you are running. The numbering is related to the version i.e. 12 and not the sub-version (12.11, 12.12, etc). Perhaps you may want to read more attentively next time.

The EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs that eSignal provided crashes immediately when I execute an order with EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs , so it's clearly nothing on my end.
    Actually it does look like it is something on your end because I tried EFSAT example with eSignal 12.14 (albeit not with your page – and do not intend to) and IB's latest TWS version and have no issues at all on two computers. Furthermore Avery has also told you he used your page with EFSAT example and latest IB TWS and he too had no issues
    As Avery suggested you should do a clean uninstall and reinstall

BTW whoever put a default order size in EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs of 100 should consider that if someone has a Commodity Futures symbol loaded up they will buy or sell 100 contracts. I'm aware of it but the next person may not be and 100 contracts on a futures contract with a $10 spread is a $2000 loss in an out.
    As clearly stated in this sticky post at the top of this forum (and for that matter the name of this specific foum itself) , EFS Automated Trading is in BETA and one uses it at their own risk.
    Alex

Originally posted by demarcog View Post
    Avery,

Haven't seen a response to my last post on this last Friday.

The link you included is a procedure to upgrade from R12 to R14 which I do not understand as I am already R14 as mentioned.

The crash apparently has nothing to do with my EFS which I did provide as mentioned.

The EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs that eSignal provided crashes immediately when I execute an order with EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs , so it's clearly nothing on my end.

BTW whoever put a default order size in EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs of 100 should consider that if someone has a Commodity Futures symbol loaded up they will buy or sell 100 contracts. I'm aware of it but the next person may not be and 100 contracts on a futures contract with a $10 spread is a $2000 loss and that's the absolute minimum loss as a 100 contract market order in a thin market could push the price such that the loss could be many times that.

Can you please provide some guidance on how to resolve this apparent bug in eSignal. I'm running the latest version of eSignal, TWS, EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs and Windows 10 and have no problems with dozens of other applications. Also no problem executing orders on IB's TWS as this version of TWS is stable.

So it appears that this is a eSignal-IB interface bug which I need your help in resolving?

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Avery,

Haven't seen a response to my last post on this last Friday.

The link you included is a procedure to upgrade from R12 to R14 which I do not understand as I am already R14 as mentioned.

The crash apparently has nothing to do with my EFS which I did provide as mentioned.

BTW whoever put a default order size in EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs of 100 should consider that if someone has a Commodity Futures symbol loaded up they will buy or sell 100 contracts. I'm aware of it but the next person may not be and 100 contracts on a futures contract with a $10 spread is a $2000 loss and that's the absolute minimum loss as a 100 contract market order in a thin market could push the price such that the loss could be many times that.

Can you please provide some guidance on how to resolve this apparent bug in eSignal. I'm running the latest version of eSignal, TWS, EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs and Windows 10 and have no problems with dozens of other applications. Also no problem executing orders on IB's TWS as this version of TWS is stable.

So it appears that this is a eSignal-IB interface bug which I need your help in resolving?

Thank you
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-27-2020, 06:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Avery,

The efs you have is the same strategy I renamed it after removing a bunch of comments, the page you are seeing the missing efs was the page loaded with the previously named efs so you have the code that was failing on my end.

That's great news so it's not the efs and apparently something got corrupted on my end. I will follow the procedure in the link you posted.

I have the latest version R14 installed, the procedure is about removing R12 which I do not have installed so I don't know how to proceed?

thank you.
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-22-2020, 08:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• eSignal_AveryH
    replied
    Thank you for the EFS. With EFS the application still is not crashing. I did notice that you're missing one EFS (GetStochPV1). But I'm sure if you wanted us to test it you would have sent it along with the others. I don't know if this is the issue as its not here. But all other functionality of the EFS AT appears to be working as it should.

If you're continuing to have issues crashing, I might suggested that you remove the previous version using this Article and install the latest version. If it still crashes you might want to look at the EFS that did not get tested.

Last edited by eSignal_AveryH; 05-22-2020, 07:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Avery,

Thanks for the response, that's good to hear and reassuring that we can resolve this I really appreciate the quick response and help.

I submitted the efs to the link you provided, averycrash.efs earlier I will copy it again now perhaps it got lost in the shuffle.

I hope it is something in the efs but I'm using the same EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs you reference so it's perplexing as it works fine in the eSignal paper trading accounts and was used in other strategies without issue. With you working the problem I am optimistic one way of the other we will have a resolution.

Thanks again.

glen
    Last edited by demarcog; 05-21-2020, 03:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• eSignal_AveryH
    replied
    Hi Glen,

After running your pages on eSignal 12.14.5605 with the "EFSAT_SAMPLE.efs and the latest version of TWS I'm finding no crashes, with launching, or placing trades back to Interactive Brokers.

Now if you'd like to submit your EFS, well be happy to test it as well. But for now I don't see any issues with the EFS-AT Functionality.

Avery

Leave a comment:

• eSignal_AveryH
    replied
    Thank you for the pages. I'll email with what we find.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X