Advanced GET TJ's Web Levels (NU/ND)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced GET TJ's Web Levels (NU/ND)

I use TJ's Web Levels on multiple time compressions / horizons... but I have to do some magic per Andy's discussion on the 97 Videos...

In that discussion, Andy tells us (as an example) to change the time horizon to Day chart... set the web levels... then, revert to the time horizon you desire (example, 5 min)...

Here's what I'd like to see (maybe it already exists, but I can't figure it out):

I want the same Web Levels placed on as many advanced chart windows as I have open at once... I run an 8 chart screeen for my own confirmation technique (5, 10, 30 min; 1, 2, 4 hr; day and week) all at the same time...

I change my 5 min chart to day, put on TJ's web, then revert to 5 min... if I want that data then on the other charts, I have to repeat the process, reverting to the orginal time horizon... what I really want is for the Web Levels to recognize the "Link" and transpose them for me...

Additionally, another problem pops up when I change to another symbol... anything I've set on Euro USD, for example, now changes to the 5 min Web levels using the last bar...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

River X

River X,

You may have no real solution, for now at least.

I have used TJ's Web Levels more than anyone in this world other than Tom Joseph. Even before we had Advanced GET, I was using a Web programmed hand calculator to figure out daily numbers. This tool is tops in my personal preference list! Your ideas have real merit and should be added to a list of ways to improve TJ's Web Levels. Other ideas:

1. Allow multiple TJ's Web levels from the same time frame, or other time frames, to be layer overtop one other.
    2. Allow different colors to code a line, or use a thickness setting to distinguish them.
    3. Allow all modes displayed at one time, use a way to tell them apart.
    4. Allow a default calculation setting, so if it defaults to daily calculation, no matter what time frame you issue or re-issue, it recalculates automatically to that daily setting unless you change the default, or turn off this option.
    5. Allow a toggle for a 'horizontal perpetuity line' which will extend Web Level line both directions, never ending until removed.

The way you are using it is currently the standard. Hang in there, this feedback could provide improvements in the future.

If you have never seen a TJ’s Web Level article I wrote, click on the link below.

http://share.esignal.com/ContentRoot...Web+Levels.pdf

http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...els&groupid=20
    Last edited by MR; 07-24-2003, 10:55 PM.
    Marc

Comment

What's a good standard?

Marc,

Thanks a lot... good article...

What would you say is a good setting / gameplan for trading spot forex on an intraday basis... i trade from the 5 min chart, but my entries usually result in managed trades lasting approximately 4 hours on average...

Appreciate your words... your response is exactly what I would do to Web Levels... those are all thoughts I have as well, and could use them immediately!

River X

Comment

River X,

We planted the seed by introducing the ideas. This forum has a magical way of generating results. Great things happen around here when good ideas surface to the forefront. I cannot guarantee these features, but I am confident we could see them in the future. I know some of the programmers and they are excellent, top-quality, very dedicated people. Keep great ideas a coming my friend.

As for your Forex question, could you give me a couple days to work up a quality answer for you? I promise you it will be worth the wait!

Keep looking either here or at the Advanced GET User Group site. I will be working over the weekend updating things, will add your request to that list.

link to AGET Group-- http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...er=&groupid=20

Take care, may all the trades go your way, Marc
        Marc

Comment

Here is an idea I got from Jay...

To reach the eSignal Product Development Team with a request to add a feature, if you would like to contact them directly, email them at-- [email protected].

Be as clear as possible because not all programmers are traders. If they can visually see or understand the logic behind your idea it really can help your cause, particuarly if it is an easy feature to develop.
          Marc

Comment

TJs Web Level Response?

Hi Marc,

Haven't seen the posting you alluded to previously in this thread... any sense of timing on that?

Thanks for all your support...

riverx

Comment

RiverX,

I am off-site and do not have access to all my equipment. Will attempt to do you a better example Thursday, but click on this link for at least a quick look Euro hourly sample. I included TJ's Web in it for you. sample, Euro Hourly
              Marc

Comment

Re: What's a good standard?

Originally posted by riverx Marc... What would you say is a good setting / gameplan for trading spot forex on an intraday basis...
                i trade from the 5 min chart, but my entries usually result in managed trades lasting approximately 4 hours on average... River X
                Below is a sample Web illustration of how I would use a more complicated use of TJ's Web Levels.
                Apply webs at higher time frame, drawn horizontal lines (change color to differentiate what support
                or resistance line comes from what time frame), reissue chart to a lower time frame and continue process.
                Depending on ones level of sophistication determines how you might better interpretate the lines.
                Add AGET tools and study on way down to trading time frame.
                Marc

Comment

update on TJ's WEB?

Has anything been done about any of these very good suggestions made in the past. Even a simple parameter option like what time frame to issue it on would be of great help.

Comment

Here is a TJ's Web idea from last Friday...
                    Attached Files
                    Marc

Comment

Here is an idea... combine Webs levels from different time frames... I took last weeks monthly settings, drew horizontal lines to mark them, now taking current daily or weekly for another idea...
                      Attached Files
                      Marc

Comment

Taking this chart shown below earlier today, reissue the chart to say a 5 minute, and notice how with just a few tools we define support/resistance, and can develop some quick trade parameters to work with....
                        Attached Files
                        Marc

Comment

TJ's Web an excellent tool! If anyone doesn't know how to use it, let me know. Maybe next week we can get others to comment how they like using this tool, and ways to work it better.
                          Marc

Comment

I resisted day trading for the longest time...

But, well, eminis are really nice...

Anyhow, here's TJ's web in-action.

This is a 250V chart (each bar is 250 emini contracts). Notice how we hit each web level and bounced.

As w/ anything, you can't live in a vacuum. The WEB's are a nice target point but as they are 'invisible' they are much more powerful when a market is dull. In a fast market like today, they bounced (you could see the support on them) but the NQ just blew right threw them).

It's hard to see in this chart because it's VOLUME and not time based but it took 30 minutes to descend to that first WEBLINE and 2 minutes to break it -- but, look @ the contract volume (sideways movement) on that line! Quite a sight to behold.

-c
                            Attached Files

Comment

Marc --

If you have any pull over there still:
                              Could you please poke someone and suggest they make the WEB settable by a specific timeframe?

Switching to Euro or YM or whatever, I have to switch to Day view to get the levels right on the WEB then back to tick/volume views...

When in a trade-hunt, it's the little things that drive you batty. Like clicking 'optimize'...

Ya know?

Thanks!

-c

Comment

Working...
                              X