Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much historical data does eSignal carry?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DerferMark
    replied
    Originally posted by ScottJ on 11/06/2008
    We've actually made significant progress and the extended data is up and running in our lab. We need another software release for the front-end tick server and then we'll need to start a roll-out across our farms, which takes time. We likely won't be fully ready by year-end but I am hoping we can let some users start testing.
    Thanks.
    Please give us some good news ScottJ. Another quarter has passed and I'm beginning to feel like an investor in eSignal, hoping for some far off distant return that never materializes...

Leave a comment:

• ScottJ
    replied
    Garth and Clearpicks,

You've both earned your stripes so you'll make the list

Thx

Leave a comment:

• clearpicks
    replied
    Hello Scott,

Please include me if you look for external beta testers.

thanks,

-Clearpicks

Leave a comment:

• gspiker
    replied
    Scott,

How about those of us who have been waiting impatiently ;-) ?

Leave a comment:

• ScottJ
    replied
    I appreciate your patience and certainly concur that this project has taken a long.......time to complete. When we're ready for testing with external users, I will certainly give preference to anyone on this thread who's been patiently waiting.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• trend
    replied
    ScottJ,

Since you said "is currently being actively beta tested by a select group of experienced EFS users. We hope to have it ready for release ...Mar/Apr 05)" not much has happened.

I am not holding my breath. That was 3 years ago. But since I have been posting on this thread for many years hoping for the amount of tick data to be expanded to eSignal users, please contact me if/when you need beta testers. I would be more than happy to help out.

Trend

Leave a comment:

• demarcog
    replied
    Scottj,

Let us know if you need beta testers.

thanks,

glen

Leave a comment:

• ScottJ
    replied
    We've actually made significant progress and the extended data is up and running in our lab. We need another software release for the front-end tick server and then we'll need to start a roll-out across our farms, which takes time. We likely won't be fully ready by year-end but I am hoping we can let some users start testing.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• DerferMark
    replied
    ScottJ - It's been a half year since the last update. Where do we stand now? Last you mentioned end of year was new target. Is that on track? It's sooooooooooooooo frustrating to only have 2 weeks of tick data which which to build charts and less than 6 months of intraday data.

Leave a comment:

• ScottJ
    replied
    I'm told by the head of our Engineering Dept that end of year is still the goal. I hestitate to post a target as this project has been delayed numerous times. Throughout all these delays, the work has continued but one thing or another has presented a complication that bumped the target.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Leave a comment:

• trend
    replied
    Scott,

Thank you for the update. As you can imagine, we have all been waiting for this update for quite a long time.

Do you have an anticipated launch date for tick data on the ES for eSignal users? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ScottJ
    replied
    Yes, we are storing additional forex data as well so we'll be able to provide at least a year or two upon initial release. Unfortunately, we don't have a mechanism at present to sell or provide that extended history until the new servers are in production. We hope to release by end of the year.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ptsim
    replied
    Will forex data be also extened?
    I'm interested in Hourly data for GBP/USD, EUR/USD, USD/CHF, NZD/USD and others from 2005.
    Is it possible to purchase this data now?

Leave a comment:

• ScottJ
    replied
    Hey all,

We've made some important changes to how we handle tick storage and resolved an issue that was introduced in the last version of our tick server. The new code is in the lab and should be rolled out over the next 4-6 weeks. The new code will initially be for QCharts users but eSignal users should not be far behind to take advantage of it.

I'm more confident than ever that we're close. It certainly will be a welcome project to call "completed"

Thanks for all your continued patience.

Leave a comment:

• matt hellrich
    replied
    Let me just add the fdax to your inquiry :-)
    Thanks
    Matt

Originally posted by trend
    ScottJ,

On 09-12-2007 you posted about back data being extended to 2 and 10 years respecitely. Since then it has been postponed/delayed and no progress has been made. In addition we as loyal customers have been kept in the dark about the true release date.

Please let me know when the ES #F will be upgraded to include 2 years of tick data for eSignal customers. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X